Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Yonex Ezone Ai 98

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Rogen 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Ryan Rogen
    Participant

Definitely Yonex Ezone is one of the best brand on the market . I found great reviews about this racquet on the net . Now I have Yonex EZone DR 98 and it is also great racquet . This racquet is designed in a way that lets you generate power on a return shot even if you don’t strike it perfectly. It is very forgiving on shots that are not struck perfectly in the center of the racquet.

Sue

Thank you for this terrific website! What is your opinion of the Yonex Ezone DR 98 racquet as far as being “arm friendly”? Seems that it is the more current model…
    Thanks

Thomas Tennis
      Keymaster

Sue,
      The Yonex Ezone DR 98 is a very arm friendly racquet. In fact it is an upgrade to the Yonex Ezone Ai 98, which is currently on my top 10 list. The DR 98 could easily replace the Ai 98 on my list since it has all the arm friendly technology of the Ai 98 while it has even more arm friendly specs being more flexible and more head light.

Alex

Hello! Thanks for your site. Very useful information. I’m considering the yonex ezone ai 98, but as I’m not fisically very strong, I Think the 10.1 oz version could suit me better. I’ve some trouble with my arm, so I wish to know your opinion about this racquet. Thank you!

Thomas Tennis
      Keymaster

Alex,
      The Yonex EZONE Ai 98 Lite is also a good arm friendly racquet it is very flexible and at 10.6 oz strung is not too light so if you are sure that you can’t handle the Yonex EZONE Ai 98 this could be a good option for you.

Nick

Hi – I am also considering the Yonex Ai98 but I’ve read a bigger head is also better in terms of being arm friendly, so am wondering if the Ai100 would be a better choice?
    Thoughts?
    Nick

LuckyLuke

Nick, as far as I know bigger head is not better for the arm. Quite the contrary, usually smaller head sizes are softer in the same line of the brand but it may differ from one brand to another, so you have to check the flex rates.
      The advantage of having bigger head size is having a relatively bigger area to hit with and hence slightly a bigger sweet spot but they have to be a bit stiffer to be solid and consistent.

Kent Husted

Well I can’t comment on the specific 100 model, but I just bought the Yonex EZone Ai 98. After a 10 year break from tennis I recently started playing again. After playing 4 month with my stiff 15 year old Head Intelligence Raquets my elbow started hurting quite a lot. I am 42 years old and I have played in the 3rd division in Denmark (I guess we have 8 or 9 divisions in Denmark). Bought the Ai 98 from reading reviews after I found this great website (thanks, Thomas).
    I was having doubts I must say whether a raquet change could do the trick, but the pain is slowly going away and now I am able to play 2 hours again without my arm falling of…:)
    So now I am looking for the perfect strings as well currently playing with a cheap babolat synthetic gut 130 / 16.
    But changing the raquet has really helped me a lot! Thanks again.
    If you need more info just write…

Kent from Denmark

Dodge

Hello – how do you view the Yonex Ezone Ai 100 in terms of arm/shoulder friendliness?
    Thx.

Nora Krist

I have to say this website and the valuable information contained herein was so very helpful! Learning what to look for in an arm friendly racquet for those of us with tennis elbow is invaluable. I think I demoed all of the racquets on Thomas’ top ten list. My favorite, by far, was the Yonex Ai 98. I had power on my groundstrokes and good control with my volleys. Probably my favorite part was the serve–much more pop than with my previous “arm unfriendly” racquet. I am a 4.0 player who has suffered with tennis elbow for more than a year. At its worst, my tennis elbow got so bad that I could not extend my arm. I tried everything to fix it (tenex, PRP, massage, PT, cortisone, acupuncture) but nothing worked. Now, it looks like time coupled with deep tissue massage every two weeks has me hitting agin. I am hopeful I can continue back to playing….with the Yonex Ai 98!!

Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

A great arm friendly racquet, a flexible frame with a head light balance that is just heavy enough. Also includes a new dual shot system technology utilizing special grommets and a shock absorbing gel inside the grip to reduce vibration. The custom frame shape minimizes wind resistance making it easier to generate faster swing speeds. Good stability on off center hits and an open spin pattern to improve spin and feel.

Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Click here to see tennisexpress reviews
    [See the full post at: Yonex Ezone Ai 98]

• Author

Ryan Rogen
    Participant

Definitely Yonex Ezone is one of the best brand on the market . I found great reviews about this racquet on the net . Now I have Yonex EZone DR 98 and it is also great racquet . This racquet is designed in a way that lets you generate power on a return shot even if you don’t strike it perfectly. It is very forgiving on shots that are not struck perfectly in the center of the racquet.

Sue

Thank you for this terrific website! What is your opinion of the Yonex Ezone DR 98 racquet as far as being “arm friendly”? Seems that it is the more current model…
    Thanks

Thomas Tennis
      Keymaster

Sue,
      The Yonex Ezone DR 98 is a very arm friendly racquet. In fact it is an upgrade to the Yonex Ezone Ai 98, which is currently on my top 10 list. The DR 98 could easily replace the Ai 98 on my list since it has all the arm friendly technology of the Ai 98 while it has even more arm friendly specs being more flexible and more head light.

Alex

Hello! Thanks for your site. Very useful information. I’m considering the yonex ezone ai 98, but as I’m not fisically very strong, I Think the 10.1 oz version could suit me better. I’ve some trouble with my arm, so I wish to know your opinion about this racquet. Thank you!

Thomas Tennis
      Keymaster

Alex,
      The Yonex EZONE Ai 98 Lite is also a good arm friendly racquet it is very flexible and at 10.6 oz strung is not too light so if you are sure that you can’t handle the Yonex EZONE Ai 98 this could be a good option for you.

Nick

Hi – I am also considering the Yonex Ai98 but I’ve read a bigger head is also better in terms of being arm friendly, so am wondering if the Ai100 would be a better choice?
    Thoughts?
    Nick

LuckyLuke

Nick, as far as I know bigger head is not better for the arm. Quite the contrary, usually smaller head sizes are softer in the same line of the brand but it may differ from one brand to another, so you have to check the flex rates.
      The advantage of having bigger head size is having a relatively bigger area to hit with and hence slightly a bigger sweet spot but they have to be a bit stiffer to be solid and consistent.

Kent Husted

Well I can’t comment on the specific 100 model, but I just bought the Yonex EZone Ai 98. After a 10 year break from tennis I recently started playing again. After playing 4 month with my stiff 15 year old Head Intelligence Raquets my elbow started hurting quite a lot. I am 42 years old and I have played in the 3rd division in Denmark (I guess we have 8 or 9 divisions in Denmark). Bought the Ai 98 from reading reviews after I found this great website (thanks, Thomas).
    I was having doubts I must say whether a raquet change could do the trick, but the pain is slowly going away and now I am able to play 2 hours again without my arm falling of…:)
    So now I am looking for the perfect strings as well currently playing with a cheap babolat synthetic gut 130 / 16.
    But changing the raquet has really helped me a lot! Thanks again.
    If you need more info just write…

Kent from Denmark

Dodge

Hello – how do you view the Yonex Ezone Ai 100 in terms of arm/shoulder friendliness?
    Thx.

Nora Krist

I have to say this website and the valuable information contained herein was so very helpful! Learning what to look for in an arm friendly racquet for those of us with tennis elbow is invaluable. I think I demoed all of the racquets on Thomas’ top ten list. My favorite, by far, was the Yonex Ai 98. I had power on my groundstrokes and good control with my volleys. Probably my favorite part was the serve–much more pop than with my previous “arm unfriendly” racquet. I am a 4.0 player who has suffered with tennis elbow for more than a year. At its worst, my tennis elbow got so bad that I could not extend my arm. I tried everything to fix it (tenex, PRP, massage, PT, cortisone, acupuncture) but nothing worked. Now, it looks like time coupled with deep tissue massage every two weeks has me hitting agin. I am hopeful I can continue back to playing….with the Yonex Ai 98!!

Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

A great arm friendly racquet, a flexible frame with a head light balance that is just heavy enough. Also includes a new dual shot system technology utilizing special grommets and a shock absorbing gel inside the grip to reduce vibration. The custom frame shape minimizes wind resistance making it easier to generate faster swing speeds. Good stability on off center hits and an open spin pattern to improve spin and feel.

Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Click here to see tennisexpress reviews
    [See the full post at: Yonex Ezone Ai 98]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.