Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 554 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Stephanie,

I can see how you had problems using the Head Instinct S that racquet is awful for tennis elbow. The Prince Tour 100 (16×18) is a very arm friendly racquet and would be a huge improvement. I would try it to see if you can get used to the heavier weight I few other arm friendly racquets that are a bit lighter are the Wilson Blade 104 and the Prince Textreme Tour 100T

#49891 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    I don’t have a particular string to recommend for that racquet but I certainly would refer you to
    http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string

#49791 Reply
    Profile photo of stephanie
    Stephanie

Hi! I just started tennis last August. I am a petite 5 feet lady. I am currently recovering from a bad tennis elbow & am looking for a new tennis racket for when i am ready to play again. Right now, I have the Head Instinct S. I just re-strung with NXT 17. I am leaning towards Ferrer’s Prince Tour 100 (16×18). What do you think? Appreciate any input. Thanks!

#49647 Reply

Lucian

Thomas,
    I will demo the Yonex Ezone AI 98 this week for couple of days. What type of string do you recommend to use considering I have this option? Thank you alot.

#49637 Reply

Chris

Hi Thomas,

Whats your opinion on the Babolat Pure Drive FO Edition and BABOLAT Pure Control 95 GT racquet? Are they arm friendly?

#49627 Reply
    Profile photo of georgem
    georgem
    Participant

Thanks Tom for your comments on the Babolat Pure Control Tour. What you found is exactly what I found….there isn’t any consistency on the flex rating. I found several different ratings which I find rather bizarre. I may have the guys at PGA store measure it. They said they would when I was last in there and I’ll let you know.

Oh, does a good vibration dampner help? I bought a $7 high quality vibration dampner and I’m hoping that will help reduce the vibration and shock to my elbow. Any opinion on vibration dampners? Thanks!

#49590 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Georgem
    The Babolat Pure Control is definatly my favorite Babolat racquet since it is a continuation of the Babolat Pure Storm the only Babolat racquet to ever make my top 10 list. The Babolat Pure Control has not made my top 10 list mainly because I cannot get a clear picture of its flex rating since whenever I try to find its flex rating it is different on ever website including Babolats website which rates it as a very stiff racquet.

#49351 Reply
    Profile photo of georgem
    georgem
    Participant

Appreciate your blog here very much. Thank you for the helpful information.

I have a babolat pure control tour. The racket stiffness is 63. Can you give me your opinion of this racquet? Also, what about vibration dampners…….would a really good one also help?

Thanks again!

#49238 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Mark,
    The Pro Kennex Q5 has a lot of positive feedback for helping tennis elbow sufferers but I agree it is stiffer than what I normally recommend but I would highly recommend the Pro Kennex Kinetic KI5 315
    http://tenniselbowracquet.com/kennex-kinetic-ki5

#49237 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Nigel,
    I rank both the Wilson Pro Staff 95S and the Prince Tour Pro 98 as 5 star arm friendly racquets

#49234 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    I like the Yonex Ezone AI98 http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquet-reviews/yonex/yonex-ezone-ai-98/ and the Prince 98 ESP http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquet-reviews/kennex/prince-tour-98-esp-2/
    a lot They have different feels the Prince 98 ESP has a more open string pattern with a more flexible feel and generates a lot of spin You will need to demo them to decide which you prefer but both are very arm friendly.

#49219 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    I would like to know your opinion about Yonex Ezone AI 98 compared to Prince EXO3 Rebel 95 and Prince Tour 98 ESP. I have the two Princes, but just played with the Yonex and enjoyed very much.
    I am thinking about buying one, what do you think about the Yonex? Thank you for your always useful opinions.

#49162 Reply

Zhafran

Zhafran,
    I would go with the Prince Tour 100 since overall Prince tends to make a lot more arm friendly racquets and Babolats racquets tend to be bad for your arm with a few exceptions. I would have to say the RA of the Babolat Pure Storm is probably somewhere in between 59 and 67 since the Babolat website seems to list all there RA’s higher than any other website which is another reason I would be uncomfortable with their racquets and probably would not want to purchase one without getting it tested.

#49112 Reply
    Profile photo of Nigel
    Nigel
    Participant

Since both are on your top ten, how would you rank the Wilson Pro Staff 95s against the Prince Tour Pro 98. I am a 3.5 player (don’t think I am going to change my game much which is not really a power game), been playing for over 40 years but lately with wrist and tennis elbow problems.

#49109 Reply

Mark

Thomas,
    I currently play with a Head Graphene Radical Midplus that I have added lead inside the grip to get the total to 11.7 oz. It’s mostly ok, but I have been getting some elbow twinges when serving. Would you recommend a switch? I am considering demoing the ProKennex Q5 315, but the specs seem outside your recommendations. Does the PK tech make that ok?
    Thanks,
    -Mark

• Author
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Stephanie,

I can see how you had problems using the Head Instinct S that racquet is awful for tennis elbow. The Prince Tour 100 (16×18) is a very arm friendly racquet and would be a huge improvement. I would try it to see if you can get used to the heavier weight I few other arm friendly racquets that are a bit lighter are the Wilson Blade 104 and the Prince Textreme Tour 100T

#49891 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    I don’t have a particular string to recommend for that racquet but I certainly would refer you to
    http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string

#49791 Reply
    Profile photo of stephanie
    Stephanie

Hi! I just started tennis last August. I am a petite 5 feet lady. I am currently recovering from a bad tennis elbow & am looking for a new tennis racket for when i am ready to play again. Right now, I have the Head Instinct S. I just re-strung with NXT 17. I am leaning towards Ferrer’s Prince Tour 100 (16×18). What do you think? Appreciate any input. Thanks!

#49647 Reply

Lucian

Thomas,
    I will demo the Yonex Ezone AI 98 this week for couple of days. What type of string do you recommend to use considering I have this option? Thank you alot.

#49637 Reply

Chris

Hi Thomas,

Whats your opinion on the Babolat Pure Drive FO Edition and BABOLAT Pure Control 95 GT racquet? Are they arm friendly?

#49627 Reply
    Profile photo of georgem
    georgem
    Participant

Thanks Tom for your comments on the Babolat Pure Control Tour. What you found is exactly what I found….there isn’t any consistency on the flex rating. I found several different ratings which I find rather bizarre. I may have the guys at PGA store measure it. They said they would when I was last in there and I’ll let you know.

Oh, does a good vibration dampner help? I bought a $7 high quality vibration dampner and I’m hoping that will help reduce the vibration and shock to my elbow. Any opinion on vibration dampners? Thanks!

#49590 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Georgem
    The Babolat Pure Control is definatly my favorite Babolat racquet since it is a continuation of the Babolat Pure Storm the only Babolat racquet to ever make my top 10 list. The Babolat Pure Control has not made my top 10 list mainly because I cannot get a clear picture of its flex rating since whenever I try to find its flex rating it is different on ever website including Babolats website which rates it as a very stiff racquet.

#49351 Reply
    Profile photo of georgem
    georgem
    Participant

Appreciate your blog here very much. Thank you for the helpful information.

I have a babolat pure control tour. The racket stiffness is 63. Can you give me your opinion of this racquet? Also, what about vibration dampners…….would a really good one also help?

Thanks again!

#49238 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Mark,
    The Pro Kennex Q5 has a lot of positive feedback for helping tennis elbow sufferers but I agree it is stiffer than what I normally recommend but I would highly recommend the Pro Kennex Kinetic KI5 315
    http://tenniselbowracquet.com/kennex-kinetic-ki5

#49237 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Nigel,
    I rank both the Wilson Pro Staff 95S and the Prince Tour Pro 98 as 5 star arm friendly racquets

#49234 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    I like the Yonex Ezone AI98 http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquet-reviews/yonex/yonex-ezone-ai-98/ and the Prince 98 ESP http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquet-reviews/kennex/prince-tour-98-esp-2/
    a lot They have different feels the Prince 98 ESP has a more open string pattern with a more flexible feel and generates a lot of spin You will need to demo them to decide which you prefer but both are very arm friendly.

#49219 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    I would like to know your opinion about Yonex Ezone AI 98 compared to Prince EXO3 Rebel 95 and Prince Tour 98 ESP. I have the two Princes, but just played with the Yonex and enjoyed very much.
    I am thinking about buying one, what do you think about the Yonex? Thank you for your always useful opinions.

#49162 Reply

Zhafran

Zhafran,
    I would go with the Prince Tour 100 since overall Prince tends to make a lot more arm friendly racquets and Babolats racquets tend to be bad for your arm with a few exceptions. I would have to say the RA of the Babolat Pure Storm is probably somewhere in between 59 and 67 since the Babolat website seems to list all there RA’s higher than any other website which is another reason I would be uncomfortable with their racquets and probably would not want to purchase one without getting it tested.

#49112 Reply
    Profile photo of Nigel
    Nigel
    Participant

Since both are on your top ten, how would you rank the Wilson Pro Staff 95s against the Prince Tour Pro 98. I am a 3.5 player (don’t think I am going to change my game much which is not really a power game), been playing for over 40 years but lately with wrist and tennis elbow problems.

#49109 Reply

Mark

Thomas,
    I currently play with a Head Graphene Radical Midplus that I have added lead inside the grip to get the total to 11.7 oz. It’s mostly ok, but I have been getting some elbow twinges when serving. Would you recommend a switch? I am considering demoing the ProKennex Q5 315, but the specs seem outside your recommendations. Does the PK tech make that ok?
    Thanks,
    -Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: