Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 548 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas_Tennis 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 552 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tharcisio48
    Tharcisio

Hi,

I’m using currently a ProKennex Type C Redondo Edition 93. What do you say about this racquet?

#51997 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    I have just demoed the Prince Tour 100 16×18(David Ferrer’s choice) and have to say it is a great racquet and flexible. I am surprised this racquet is not on your top 10 list of best arm friendly racquets that play well. Do you consider it too light to be a top arm friendly racquet or does not play so well overall?
    I would appreciate your opinion. Great site overall, thank you!

#51153 Reply

Rafal

It has been a while since the last post, but I find this website extremely useful. Just to add – I have had a very good experience with ProKennex Redondo racquets, which never caused any problems or pain to my arm. After testing variety of options, it is now my racquet of choice.

#51040 Reply
    Profile photo of Tom Palmer
    Tom Palmer

Have you reviewed the new diadem strings. Their specs indicate co-poly but claim softness. I am currently using two of your recommended strings but really would like an increase in power.

#50964 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Michael,
    Wilson the does not have a 97S but they carry the 97LS which is considerably lighter but the 95S has nearly the identical spec’s but has a slightly smaller head. The open string pattern is more arm friendly because it plays like a more flexible racquet.

#50948 Reply

Michael

Thanks Thomas, your response is appreciated.

Wilson have also brought out a new Pro Staff 97S with exactly the same specs as the 97 but with a more open string pattern for spin which also might be worth considering.

Michael.

#50897 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Michael,
    The Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a very arm friendly racquet it is heavy enough, has a very head light balance is quite flexible and also has an open string pattern. If you like the feel of this racquet I would recommend it.

#50869 Reply

Michael

Hi Thomas,

Having suffered from TE recently, I have learned a lot about arm friendly rackets from browsing through your website which is excellent – thanks.

After reading reviews, I am considering buying the new 2015 Wilson Pro Staff 97. Looking through through the specs of the racket, it seems to meet the requirements of an arm friendly racket but I am a little unsure if this is the case.

Can you tell me if my thinking is on the right track?

Thanks,

Michael.

#50856 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucian,
    You really did your homework all 3 are great choices I would say the Prince Tour 100 16 x 18 might slightly bet out the Prince Tour Pro 98 since it has a slightly more open string pattern but these are very similar so it really would be a personal choice to see which feels better to you. Also the Prince Tour 95 is a great arm friendly racquet but it might feel a bit heavy for some players but if you like the feel I would recommend it.

#50855 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

cem,

The Wilson Pro Staff is not as arm friendly as the Wilson Pro Staff 95s, but it still is relatively flexible with a head lite balance the only negative is its lightweight so I would still give it an above average arm friendly rating. The lightweight is less of a problem if you are a beginner or possibly an intermediate but for an advanced player who faces some big hitters this racquet would put some strain on your arm because it would not have the stability to stand up to some big shots.

#50680 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    Also, considering Prince Tour 95, Prince Tour Pro 98 and Prince Tour 100 16×18, which one would you consider to be the most arm-friendly?
    I would appreciate your opinion.
    Thank you.
    Lucian

#50740 Reply

cem

Hi Thomas,

Great site, great info.

Wilson Pro staff 95S is a bit heavier for me. So I decided to choose Prostaff 100LS. But Io hesitate because of tennis elbow. Can I think that 100 LS is arm friendly? Thank you in advance for your answer.

#50693 Reply

Mark

Mike,
    I currently have Gamma Glide 16 in the crosses at 57 lbs and Gamma Moto 17 in the mains at 54 lbs. I’m about to get a stringing machine so I can experiment. I’d like to try NRG2 in the crosses and a few shaped strings in the mains.

#50615 Reply

Lucian

Hi Thomas,
    I would like to know your opinion about Prince Tour 95 and Prince Textreme Tour 95. Thank you.

#50593 Reply

Mike M

Tom, really appreciate your website and all you do. I wanted to weigh in with my story and what has worked for me with help from this site.
    I was using a Prince DB 26 Mid Plus from the early 90’s. I wanted to upgrade to something newer and more arm friendly. I have had tennis elbow for years(over 10) located in more of the underside of the elbow.(golfers elbow?)
    I wanted something to play with that would be somewhat similiar to what I had but provide the relief I was looking for. I tried The Pro Kenex and a few of the Prince frames on your list. When the Prince Tour 100 16 x 18 came out, It looked like a good possibility. I tried the demo and along with it the Tour 100 18 x 20 and the Prince Warrior 100 as well.

The feel of the Tour 100 16 x 18 was plush and soft as advertised. I have always liked a flexible feel and this was great. It quickly stood out from the others. When I got the racquet, the feel was not the same as the demo. It took numerous string types to get the feel I was looking for. I ruled out any poly string because of arm concerns. I settled on Head “Intellitour” 16G strings at 50 Lbs. I have used this for the last 6 months.
    To date, no arm problem. None! It took a few weeks to begin to dissipate but little by little it got better. The other thing I did was to abandon my one hand backhand and swith to a two hander. I believe some of the problem was related to off center hits off that side. I also spent some time on changing my 70’s forehand to a more modern swing which has really improved my overall game.
    Bottom line is your information is accurate and appreciated! When I found this site, I was considering giving up tennis. Just didnt seem viable going forward. I would reccommend this racquet to anyone who likes a flexible soft feel, great control and adaquate power in an arm friendly stick.

Regards,

Mike M Lake Mary, FL 4.0 player

• Author
    Profile photo of Tharcisio48
    Tharcisio

Hi,

I’m using currently a ProKennex Type C Redondo Edition 93. What do you say about this racquet?

#51997 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    I have just demoed the Prince Tour 100 16×18(David Ferrer’s choice) and have to say it is a great racquet and flexible. I am surprised this racquet is not on your top 10 list of best arm friendly racquets that play well. Do you consider it too light to be a top arm friendly racquet or does not play so well overall?
    I would appreciate your opinion. Great site overall, thank you!

#51153 Reply

Rafal

It has been a while since the last post, but I find this website extremely useful. Just to add – I have had a very good experience with ProKennex Redondo racquets, which never caused any problems or pain to my arm. After testing variety of options, it is now my racquet of choice.

#51040 Reply
    Profile photo of Tom Palmer
    Tom Palmer

Have you reviewed the new diadem strings. Their specs indicate co-poly but claim softness. I am currently using two of your recommended strings but really would like an increase in power.

#50964 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Michael,
    Wilson the does not have a 97S but they carry the 97LS which is considerably lighter but the 95S has nearly the identical spec’s but has a slightly smaller head. The open string pattern is more arm friendly because it plays like a more flexible racquet.

#50948 Reply

Michael

Thanks Thomas, your response is appreciated.

Wilson have also brought out a new Pro Staff 97S with exactly the same specs as the 97 but with a more open string pattern for spin which also might be worth considering.

Michael.

#50897 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Michael,
    The Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a very arm friendly racquet it is heavy enough, has a very head light balance is quite flexible and also has an open string pattern. If you like the feel of this racquet I would recommend it.

#50869 Reply

Michael

Hi Thomas,

Having suffered from TE recently, I have learned a lot about arm friendly rackets from browsing through your website which is excellent – thanks.

After reading reviews, I am considering buying the new 2015 Wilson Pro Staff 97. Looking through through the specs of the racket, it seems to meet the requirements of an arm friendly racket but I am a little unsure if this is the case.

Can you tell me if my thinking is on the right track?

Thanks,

Michael.

#50856 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucian,
    You really did your homework all 3 are great choices I would say the Prince Tour 100 16 x 18 might slightly bet out the Prince Tour Pro 98 since it has a slightly more open string pattern but these are very similar so it really would be a personal choice to see which feels better to you. Also the Prince Tour 95 is a great arm friendly racquet but it might feel a bit heavy for some players but if you like the feel I would recommend it.

#50855 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

cem,

The Wilson Pro Staff is not as arm friendly as the Wilson Pro Staff 95s, but it still is relatively flexible with a head lite balance the only negative is its lightweight so I would still give it an above average arm friendly rating. The lightweight is less of a problem if you are a beginner or possibly an intermediate but for an advanced player who faces some big hitters this racquet would put some strain on your arm because it would not have the stability to stand up to some big shots.

#50680 Reply

Lucian

Dear Thomas,
    Also, considering Prince Tour 95, Prince Tour Pro 98 and Prince Tour 100 16×18, which one would you consider to be the most arm-friendly?
    I would appreciate your opinion.
    Thank you.
    Lucian

#50740 Reply

cem

Hi Thomas,

Great site, great info.

Wilson Pro staff 95S is a bit heavier for me. So I decided to choose Prostaff 100LS. But Io hesitate because of tennis elbow. Can I think that 100 LS is arm friendly? Thank you in advance for your answer.

#50693 Reply

Mark

Mike,
    I currently have Gamma Glide 16 in the crosses at 57 lbs and Gamma Moto 17 in the mains at 54 lbs. I’m about to get a stringing machine so I can experiment. I’d like to try NRG2 in the crosses and a few shaped strings in the mains.

#50615 Reply

Lucian

Hi Thomas,
    I would like to know your opinion about Prince Tour 95 and Prince Textreme Tour 95. Thank you.

#50593 Reply

Mike M

Tom, really appreciate your website and all you do. I wanted to weigh in with my story and what has worked for me with help from this site.
    I was using a Prince DB 26 Mid Plus from the early 90’s. I wanted to upgrade to something newer and more arm friendly. I have had tennis elbow for years(over 10) located in more of the underside of the elbow.(golfers elbow?)
    I wanted something to play with that would be somewhat similiar to what I had but provide the relief I was looking for. I tried The Pro Kenex and a few of the Prince frames on your list. When the Prince Tour 100 16 x 18 came out, It looked like a good possibility. I tried the demo and along with it the Tour 100 18 x 20 and the Prince Warrior 100 as well.

The feel of the Tour 100 16 x 18 was plush and soft as advertised. I have always liked a flexible feel and this was great. It quickly stood out from the others. When I got the racquet, the feel was not the same as the demo. It took numerous string types to get the feel I was looking for. I ruled out any poly string because of arm concerns. I settled on Head “Intellitour” 16G strings at 50 Lbs. I have used this for the last 6 months.
    To date, no arm problem. None! It took a few weeks to begin to dissipate but little by little it got better. The other thing I did was to abandon my one hand backhand and swith to a two hander. I believe some of the problem was related to off center hits off that side. I also spent some time on changing my 70’s forehand to a more modern swing which has really improved my overall game.
    Bottom line is your information is accurate and appreciated! When I found this site, I was considering giving up tennis. Just didnt seem viable going forward. I would reccommend this racquet to anyone who likes a flexible soft feel, great control and adaquate power in an arm friendly stick.

Regards,

Mike M Lake Mary, FL 4.0 player

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 552 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: