Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 554 total)
  • Author

sal Agati

Hey Thomas
    My wife is a relatively new player. But she is progressing nicely and has become a more aggressive intermediate player. But she has really started to experience some real debilitating tennis elbow. She purchased a Volkl racquet and it has not helped at all with the pain. I saw your note above on the Babolat Storm. Would this be a good choice for her? And what string and tension would you recommend?
    best
    Sal

#56459 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gerald,
    The string change might help some but you are already stringing at a low tension and you are using a racquet that has received an awful lot of complaints about causing arm problems, so the racquet is your main problem. If you really want to eliminate problems it would be more beneficial for you to try some more flexible frames and get used to the feel, as a power hitter you will benefit from the control and feel of any of the racquets in my top 10 list http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/

#56453 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Richard,

I agree that demo racquets feel a little different because a lot of times the strings are not the best and by the time you use them they often have lost a lot of their tension. All I can say is try to demo from a reputable company and try to find out the tension and strings in advance.
    My list includes what I think are the 10 most arm friendly racquets currently on the market. In addition there are many other good arm friendly Pro Kennex and Volkl racquets some of which have been reviewed on this website also all the racquets on the top 10 list have been reviewed.

#56452 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Richard,
    I do not like the Volkl V1 Pro, it is definitely too stiff. However the VOLKL Super G V1 Pro is a flexible racquet and more head light and I would consider this an arm friendly racquet.

#56451 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Dario,
    I do not know of any racquet that is particularly better for hand issues as opposed to any other arm issues. But my top 10 list has http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/ among the most arm friendly racquets out of hundreds of racquets so I would suggest you try out a few of those and see which you like best. Good luck!

#56370 Reply

Gerald

Hi Thomas

I am a good player and a hard hitter. I have 6 babolat pure aero racquets. I use rpm blast 18 gauge strung at 52 pounds. I had a long break from tennis for years and started playing a few months ago. If been playing well and about 5 times a week. I do not have any elbow issues but the back of my arm and shoulder are sore. I’ve taken a break for a bit and have ordered gut for mains and volkl for crosses.
    Then I’ll do some testing. Do I need to change racquets or should I try strings first ? If I change racquets what do I change to ?

#56289 Reply
    Profile photo of gatorgville
    richard

Trying to get rid of tennis elbow, I tried out some volkl racquets. I just got a volkl organix superg8 315g.
    It is 100 head size, 11.6 weight, 27 inch, but it has a stiffer head, I think 70 or 72.
    Am I wasting my time trying to cure elbow problems with this extra stiffness?
    so far, no taking a day off between playing, I am still getting sore at end of game.
    I didn’t think I could handle the weight, and if necessary, I realize there are other racquets out there.

#56292 Reply
    richard

It is so hard to try out demo racquets and get a good idea of what you like, because of the different string tensions which feel uncomfortable upon trial.
    Am I to assume all the racquets which meet your specifications list, are in the elbow friendly category? Because I have only been trying out the volkl and prokennex.

#56290 Reply
    richard

What is your opinion of the volka v1pro racquet. They recently came out with another model called the v1pro g model. 99.5, 11.3 strung, and a little more flex, more head light than before, etc. Is it in a good elbow friendly category?

#56051 Reply
    Profile photo of darios
    dario

First of all congratulations for your website, I find it really usefull.

I am a 48 man who’s got back into tennis after many years.
    I’ve recently developed some hand pain.

I play an “old school” tennis: serve and volley, no rotation,
    one-handed backhand. I prefer more control than power.

Which racket in your list could be the best choise for me?

Thank you in advance.

#55556 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Alex,
    I have new reviews coming out all the time. If you want to be alerted join the mailing list. My top 10 list always has the best or at least very close to the best arm friendly racquets, I would not get too hung up on Brands Wilson, Head etc or the latest or newest technology the best arm friendly racquet might not be the newest racquet or come from the most popular manufacturer,

#55407 Reply

Alex

I suffer from tennis elbow and really appreciate your site. I would like to purchase a recent design Head or Babolat in the range of $100 to $200 and have not seen a 2015 racquet on your list. Can you give me a review on one of the new latest and greatest in terms of material and construction from one of the aforementioned manufacturers. Thanking you in anticipation-Alex

#54833 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

George,
    I am not surprised that you have developed elbow problems after using the Babolat Aeropro Drive as that is one of the least arm friendly racquets on the market and I have seen a tremendous amount of complaints from people who have developed arm problems using that raquet. The Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a huge improvement. As far as the RA flex rating for that racquet it is difficult to say when you see variations from different resellers, although manufactures test there racquets unstrung and most resellers test them strung so I would hesitate to say the Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a top arm friendly racquet when I see a 66 Ra unless you can confirm that measurement was taken on a unstrung racquet.

#54420 Reply

Hi Thomas, so glad I found your website with excellent info. I was playing with the AeroPro drive for years until my TE flared up recently when I increased my play from once weekly/ biweekly to 3 times a week. I continue to sample racquets on your list. I’m also getting a Wilson Pro Staff 97 but am confused because the stiffness varies from different websites. Wilson does not list stiffness on their site, but I found it as 62 on one site, but 66 on a couple of other site. This Pro Staff 97 is not on your list, what is your view of this racquet in terms of elbow friendliness? Thank you.

#54604 Reply
    Profile photo of Clay Jones
    Clay

Thanks Thomas. We conducted demos with three on ur top 10. We tried the Head, Yonex, and Technifibre. All three seemed to work well and help but she settled on the Technifibre. I have also ordered some NRG string on ur list. So far – after 4 hits with demos she doesn’t have any more pain. I appreciate ur site and help. He new racquets come in Wednesday. What a great service! Cheers.

• Author

sal Agati

Hey Thomas
    My wife is a relatively new player. But she is progressing nicely and has become a more aggressive intermediate player. But she has really started to experience some real debilitating tennis elbow. She purchased a Volkl racquet and it has not helped at all with the pain. I saw your note above on the Babolat Storm. Would this be a good choice for her? And what string and tension would you recommend?
    best
    Sal

#56459 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gerald,
    The string change might help some but you are already stringing at a low tension and you are using a racquet that has received an awful lot of complaints about causing arm problems, so the racquet is your main problem. If you really want to eliminate problems it would be more beneficial for you to try some more flexible frames and get used to the feel, as a power hitter you will benefit from the control and feel of any of the racquets in my top 10 list http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/

#56453 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Richard,

I agree that demo racquets feel a little different because a lot of times the strings are not the best and by the time you use them they often have lost a lot of their tension. All I can say is try to demo from a reputable company and try to find out the tension and strings in advance.
    My list includes what I think are the 10 most arm friendly racquets currently on the market. In addition there are many other good arm friendly Pro Kennex and Volkl racquets some of which have been reviewed on this website also all the racquets on the top 10 list have been reviewed.

#56452 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Richard,
    I do not like the Volkl V1 Pro, it is definitely too stiff. However the VOLKL Super G V1 Pro is a flexible racquet and more head light and I would consider this an arm friendly racquet.

#56451 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Dario,
    I do not know of any racquet that is particularly better for hand issues as opposed to any other arm issues. But my top 10 list has http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/ among the most arm friendly racquets out of hundreds of racquets so I would suggest you try out a few of those and see which you like best. Good luck!

#56370 Reply

Gerald

Hi Thomas

I am a good player and a hard hitter. I have 6 babolat pure aero racquets. I use rpm blast 18 gauge strung at 52 pounds. I had a long break from tennis for years and started playing a few months ago. If been playing well and about 5 times a week. I do not have any elbow issues but the back of my arm and shoulder are sore. I’ve taken a break for a bit and have ordered gut for mains and volkl for crosses.
    Then I’ll do some testing. Do I need to change racquets or should I try strings first ? If I change racquets what do I change to ?

#56289 Reply
    richard

Trying to get rid of tennis elbow, I tried out some volkl racquets. I just got a volkl organix superg8 315g.
    It is 100 head size, 11.6 weight, 27 inch, but it has a stiffer head, I think 70 or 72.
    Am I wasting my time trying to cure elbow problems with this extra stiffness?
    so far, no taking a day off between playing, I am still getting sore at end of game.
    I didn’t think I could handle the weight, and if necessary, I realize there are other racquets out there.

#56292 Reply
    richard

It is so hard to try out demo racquets and get a good idea of what you like, because of the different string tensions which feel uncomfortable upon trial.
    Am I to assume all the racquets which meet your specifications list, are in the elbow friendly category? Because I have only been trying out the volkl and prokennex.

#56290 Reply
    richard

What is your opinion of the volka v1pro racquet. They recently came out with another model called the v1pro g model. 99.5, 11.3 strung, and a little more flex, more head light than before, etc. Is it in a good elbow friendly category?

#56051 Reply
    Profile photo of darios
    dario

First of all congratulations for your website, I find it really usefull.

I am a 48 man who’s got back into tennis after many years.
    I’ve recently developed some hand pain.

I play an “old school” tennis: serve and volley, no rotation,
    one-handed backhand. I prefer more control than power.

Which racket in your list could be the best choise for me?

Thank you in advance.

#55556 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Alex,
    I have new reviews coming out all the time. If you want to be alerted join the mailing list. My top 10 list always has the best or at least very close to the best arm friendly racquets, I would not get too hung up on Brands Wilson, Head etc or the latest or newest technology the best arm friendly racquet might not be the newest racquet or come from the most popular manufacturer,

#55407 Reply

Alex

I suffer from tennis elbow and really appreciate your site. I would like to purchase a recent design Head or Babolat in the range of $100 to $200 and have not seen a 2015 racquet on your list. Can you give me a review on one of the new latest and greatest in terms of material and construction from one of the aforementioned manufacturers. Thanking you in anticipation-Alex

#54833 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

George,
    I am not surprised that you have developed elbow problems after using the Babolat Aeropro Drive as that is one of the least arm friendly racquets on the market and I have seen a tremendous amount of complaints from people who have developed arm problems using that raquet. The Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a huge improvement. As far as the RA flex rating for that racquet it is difficult to say when you see variations from different resellers, although manufactures test there racquets unstrung and most resellers test them strung so I would hesitate to say the Wilson Pro Staff 97 is a top arm friendly racquet when I see a 66 Ra unless you can confirm that measurement was taken on a unstrung racquet.

#54420 Reply
    Profile photo of George@georgewong.net
    George@georgewong.net
    Participant

Hi Thomas, so glad I found your website with excellent info. I was playing with the AeroPro drive for years until my TE flared up recently when I increased my play from once weekly/ biweekly to 3 times a week. I continue to sample racquets on your list. I’m also getting a Wilson Pro Staff 97 but am confused because the stiffness varies from different websites. Wilson does not list stiffness on their site, but I found it as 62 on one site, but 66 on a couple of other site. This Pro Staff 97 is not on your list, what is your view of this racquet in terms of elbow friendliness? Thank you.

#54604 Reply
    Profile photo of Clay Jones
    Clay

Thanks Thomas. We conducted demos with three on ur top 10. We tried the Head, Yonex, and Technifibre. All three seemed to work well and help but she settled on the Technifibre. I have also ordered some NRG string on ur list. So far – after 4 hits with demos she doesn’t have any more pain. I appreciate ur site and help. He new racquets come in Wednesday. What a great service! Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: