Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 548 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas_Tennis 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

James,
    The Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP and the Prince Tour 100 are both great arm friendly racquet. The 100 ESP is not as flexible although it is still a flexible racquet but the open string pattern makes it play more flexible and also makes it easier to create spin. The 100 ESP will take some getting used to as it has a very unique feel. One downside of the 100 ESP is that the strings will break very easily unless you use the Prince tour which is a pretty stiff string and not very arm friendly.

#59303 Reply

James

Hi Thomas. Thanks for your wonderful website. suffering from both golfer’s and tennis elbow for a decade, I am shocked that I didn’t have any knowledge of racquets having this much impact on the condition. Thanks a lot.
    I have a question before I make a decision. I noticed there are many different Prince Tour versions besides the one you had on your list. Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP is a bit stiffer and bigger in frame size than Tour 100 16×18. But it’s 60$ cheaper than Tour 100 16×18. I wonder what your opinion would be on the Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP in comparison to Tour 100.

#59216 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gabriele,
    All of the racquets you are considering are far more arm friendly than the Babolat Pure Drive, a racquet that has caused a lot of people arm problems. I especially like the Prince 100P and the Yonex Ezone Dr 98 since both are very flexible, my favorite may be the Yonex DR 98 since it has a more open string pattern and it has added anti vibration technology to its grip and frame.
    Tom

#59160 Reply

Gabriele

Hi Thomas,
    for many years I played with a Babolat Pure Drive (I like the feel and the way it plays) but now I’m looking to something more soft for my arm.
    My list of potential buy are: Volkl super G V1 PRO, Wilson Blade 98 (18×20 or 16×19), Prince Tour 100P, Yonex DR 98. I also tried the Head graphene XT prestige MP but it’s a little to heavy.
    What would be your preferred order with the racquets above?
    Thank you very much.
    Gabriele

#58967 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Mike,
    The is only slightly above average in terms of its being arm friendly, although it has a head light balance and is reasonably heavy its flex is about average, while the Prince Textreme 100P is much more flexible and slightly heavier

#58933 Reply

Mike M.

Thomas, I see you added the Prince Textreme 100P to the list. Can you comment on the new Prince Textreme Warrior 100? Specs look very similar except that the stiffness is a few points higher. Would it be considered arm friendly? Thank you for all you do.

#58843 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Meghan,
    It is updated as of today.

#57664 Reply

Meghan

Hi there Thomas,
    Thank-you for your list! Do you have an updated one for 2015/16?
    Thanks again!
    Meghan

#58833 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Cam,
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Graphene XT MP is almost identical to the old prestige youtek which has been updated to the Head GrapheneXT Prestige Pro. The Graphene XT MP uses the same technology but is a very minor improvement as far as its arm friendly specs – it is slightly more head light in balance and slightly more flexible. I am going to update from the old prestige youtek which has been discontinued.

#58752 Reply

Cam

Hey
    I am in the market for a new racquet, wish to stay with Head as my brand. I have been looking at the newest Prestige. The Graphene XT MidPlus version. I noticed the old prestige youtek version is on your list.
    Was wondering what your take on this newest model for TE would be.
    I always use a multi string (hate polys).
    Thanks 🙂

#58321 Reply

Mark

I’m looking to get a wilson pro staff 95S. I have trialed both the 2014 and 2015 model. Which in your opinion do you find to be the more arm friendly racket? Do you know the if there is a difference in flex, weight, etc. between the two? Thanks.

#58143 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Owen,
    I really like the YONEX EZONE DR 98 It is very similar to the YONEX EZONE Ai 98, but it is even more flexible due to its Nanometric DR material which provides more flexibility and resilience to the frame. It also incorporates the same Dual Shut System that reduces shock by 50% over traditional frames.

#57772 Reply

Owen

Hello, what’s your take on the new Yonex EZoneDR98, successor of the Ai98?
    Cheers, Owen

#57446 Reply

sal Agati

Hey Thomas
    My wife is a relatively new player. But she is progressing nicely and has become a more aggressive intermediate player. But she has really started to experience some real debilitating tennis elbow. She purchased a Volkl racquet and it has not helped at all with the pain. I saw your note above on the Babolat Storm. Would this be a good choice for her? And what string and tension would you recommend?
    best
    Sal

#56459 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gerald,
    The string change might help some but you are already stringing at a low tension and you are using a racquet that has received an awful lot of complaints about causing arm problems, so the racquet is your main problem. If you really want to eliminate problems it would be more beneficial for you to try some more flexible frames and get used to the feel, as a power hitter you will benefit from the control and feel of any of the racquets in my top 10 list http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/

• Author
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

James,
    The Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP and the Prince Tour 100 are both great arm friendly racquet. The 100 ESP is not as flexible although it is still a flexible racquet but the open string pattern makes it play more flexible and also makes it easier to create spin. The 100 ESP will take some getting used to as it has a very unique feel. One downside of the 100 ESP is that the strings will break very easily unless you use the Prince tour which is a pretty stiff string and not very arm friendly.

#59303 Reply

James

Hi Thomas. Thanks for your wonderful website. suffering from both golfer’s and tennis elbow for a decade, I am shocked that I didn’t have any knowledge of racquets having this much impact on the condition. Thanks a lot.
    I have a question before I make a decision. I noticed there are many different Prince Tour versions besides the one you had on your list. Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP is a bit stiffer and bigger in frame size than Tour 100 16×18. But it’s 60$ cheaper than Tour 100 16×18. I wonder what your opinion would be on the Prince Tour Pro 100 ESP in comparison to Tour 100.

#59216 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gabriele,
    All of the racquets you are considering are far more arm friendly than the Babolat Pure Drive, a racquet that has caused a lot of people arm problems. I especially like the Prince 100P and the Yonex Ezone Dr 98 since both are very flexible, my favorite may be the Yonex DR 98 since it has a more open string pattern and it has added anti vibration technology to its grip and frame.
    Tom

#59160 Reply

Gabriele

Hi Thomas,
    for many years I played with a Babolat Pure Drive (I like the feel and the way it plays) but now I’m looking to something more soft for my arm.
    My list of potential buy are: Volkl super G V1 PRO, Wilson Blade 98 (18×20 or 16×19), Prince Tour 100P, Yonex DR 98. I also tried the Head graphene XT prestige MP but it’s a little to heavy.
    What would be your preferred order with the racquets above?
    Thank you very much.
    Gabriele

#58967 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Mike,
    The is only slightly above average in terms of its being arm friendly, although it has a head light balance and is reasonably heavy its flex is about average, while the Prince Textreme 100P is much more flexible and slightly heavier

#58933 Reply

Mike M.

Thomas, I see you added the Prince Textreme 100P to the list. Can you comment on the new Prince Textreme Warrior 100? Specs look very similar except that the stiffness is a few points higher. Would it be considered arm friendly? Thank you for all you do.

#58843 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Meghan,
    It is updated as of today.

#57664 Reply

Meghan

Hi there Thomas,
    Thank-you for your list! Do you have an updated one for 2015/16?
    Thanks again!
    Meghan

#58833 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Cam,
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Graphene XT MP is almost identical to the old prestige youtek which has been updated to the Head GrapheneXT Prestige Pro. The Graphene XT MP uses the same technology but is a very minor improvement as far as its arm friendly specs – it is slightly more head light in balance and slightly more flexible. I am going to update from the old prestige youtek which has been discontinued.

#58752 Reply

Cam

Hey
    I am in the market for a new racquet, wish to stay with Head as my brand. I have been looking at the newest Prestige. The Graphene XT MidPlus version. I noticed the old prestige youtek version is on your list.
    Was wondering what your take on this newest model for TE would be.
    I always use a multi string (hate polys).
    Thanks 🙂

#58321 Reply

Mark

I’m looking to get a wilson pro staff 95S. I have trialed both the 2014 and 2015 model. Which in your opinion do you find to be the more arm friendly racket? Do you know the if there is a difference in flex, weight, etc. between the two? Thanks.

#58143 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Owen,
    I really like the YONEX EZONE DR 98 It is very similar to the YONEX EZONE Ai 98, but it is even more flexible due to its Nanometric DR material which provides more flexibility and resilience to the frame. It also incorporates the same Dual Shut System that reduces shock by 50% over traditional frames.

#57772 Reply

Owen

Hello, what’s your take on the new Yonex EZoneDR98, successor of the Ai98?
    Cheers, Owen

#57446 Reply

sal Agati

Hey Thomas
    My wife is a relatively new player. But she is progressing nicely and has become a more aggressive intermediate player. But she has really started to experience some real debilitating tennis elbow. She purchased a Volkl racquet and it has not helped at all with the pain. I saw your note above on the Babolat Storm. Would this be a good choice for her? And what string and tension would you recommend?
    best
    Sal

#56459 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Gerald,
    The string change might help some but you are already stringing at a low tension and you are using a racquet that has received an awful lot of complaints about causing arm problems, so the racquet is your main problem. If you really want to eliminate problems it would be more beneficial for you to try some more flexible frames and get used to the feel, as a power hitter you will benefit from the control and feel of any of the racquets in my top 10 list http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: