Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 541 through 554 (of 554 total)
  • Author

Jose Luis

Hi Thomas,
    Thank you very much for this website – I am so glad I found it.
    I am wondering why you didn’t include in your top 10 list the Yonex Ezone Xi 98.
    I am under the impression that the Ezone Xi 98 is arm friendlier than the Vcore 95D.
    I am very curious to know your thoughts on this.
    Thank you very much again.

#867 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree the Yonex RD TI 80 has very arm friendly specs but it is out of production so a new model that is also very arm friendly the Yonex Vcore 95D has made my top 10 list. Also as far as arm friendly strings you can see the top 10 list at http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string/

#866 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Wilson BLX Blade Team is arm friendly due to its high flexibility but it is a bit too lightweight to be considered one of the top arm friendly racquets. If you like it and have not been having any arm problems you should stick with it for a while.

#865 Reply

John

I like the Yonex RD TI 80. It is a good racket for people who suffer from tennis elbow. Let us also not forget the fact that strings play a big role in having tennis elbow. Can you please post a list of tennis elbow friendly strings? Thanks. 🙂

#864 Reply

James

I am kinda surprised that the Wilson BLX Blade Team (2011 version) is not on the list. I am a big fan of the racket and I find it very arm friendly.

#863 Reply

Ronald

Yeah, the Team Tour’s weight could be a concern unless some lead is placed (am a 3.5 player coming from a Babolat Pure Drive which just gave me some elbow issues).

Anyway, will take a hard look again at the regular EXO3 Tour 16×18 and some PK sticks which are also on my radar screen. Unfortunately, there is no demo program in my country so I have to rely on reviews and inputs on the net. Thanks again!

#862 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince EXO3 Team Tour 100 is flexible enough. My concern would be the light weight at only 10.7 oz strung I could not consider it a true arm friendly racquet. If you where to use it I would at least want to add some lead tape.

#861 Reply

Ronald

Thanks for the helpful information.

Am thinking of getting a Prince EXO3 Team Tour 100 and would like to know what’s your take on this racquet. It’s a bit stiffer than the regular EXO3 tour (RDC 60 vs 52) but at 44, I would appreciate some free power.

Thanks

#860 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

You must be refering to the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Tour which I have listed at 60 Tennisexpress also has 60 while tennis-warehouse has 61 either way it quite flexible and arm friendly.

#859 Reply

mikey

I think you have the RDC Flex rating for the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 wrong. The link states 60, other sites 63

#858 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Babolat Pure Storm LTD is an excellent choice. It is a flexible frame, with a headlight balance and a nice weight. It meets all my criteria on this page which is why it is one of my recommended racquets. I would recommend one of the strings on this page http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string/ if you want to stick with Babolat go with either the Babolat Xcel or the Babolat Addiction or even the Babolat VS Natural if you can afford natural gut. I would string it a few pounds below the middle of the recommended range and try to gradually string it looser as you get used to it.

#857 Reply

Stephanie

I am thinking about buying a Babo storm ltd gt for my tennis elbow and am trying to string it with elbow friendly strings. Which brand, tension or gauge strings do you recommend please? Thanks

#856 Reply

Rick Mades

I use the Dunlop Aerogel 200 and may eventually switch to the Dunlop Biomimetic 200. I had tennis elbow for about 13 years. A flexible racquet, heavier and softer strings are all very important. When I had serious elbow problems, I had to string my racquets very loose (45 lbs), but actually string them in the high 50’s now. If I wasn’t living in S. Florida, where it is warm, and back in the Northeast, I would be using a looser tension, as the cold weather can affect my arm.

#855 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

My top 10 list of arm-friendly racquets: Racquet RDC Flex Strung Weight Balance Yonex EZone Ai 98 (click for more info) 61 11.3 -4HL HEAD YT Graphene
    [See the full post at: Tennis Racquets]

• Author

Jose Luis

Hi Thomas,
    Thank you very much for this website – I am so glad I found it.
    I am wondering why you didn’t include in your top 10 list the Yonex Ezone Xi 98.
    I am under the impression that the Ezone Xi 98 is arm friendlier than the Vcore 95D.
    I am very curious to know your thoughts on this.
    Thank you very much again.

#867 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree the Yonex RD TI 80 has very arm friendly specs but it is out of production so a new model that is also very arm friendly the Yonex Vcore 95D has made my top 10 list. Also as far as arm friendly strings you can see the top 10 list at http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string/

#866 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Wilson BLX Blade Team is arm friendly due to its high flexibility but it is a bit too lightweight to be considered one of the top arm friendly racquets. If you like it and have not been having any arm problems you should stick with it for a while.

#865 Reply

John

I like the Yonex RD TI 80. It is a good racket for people who suffer from tennis elbow. Let us also not forget the fact that strings play a big role in having tennis elbow. Can you please post a list of tennis elbow friendly strings? Thanks. 🙂

#864 Reply

James

I am kinda surprised that the Wilson BLX Blade Team (2011 version) is not on the list. I am a big fan of the racket and I find it very arm friendly.

#863 Reply

Ronald

Yeah, the Team Tour’s weight could be a concern unless some lead is placed (am a 3.5 player coming from a Babolat Pure Drive which just gave me some elbow issues).

Anyway, will take a hard look again at the regular EXO3 Tour 16×18 and some PK sticks which are also on my radar screen. Unfortunately, there is no demo program in my country so I have to rely on reviews and inputs on the net. Thanks again!

#862 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince EXO3 Team Tour 100 is flexible enough. My concern would be the light weight at only 10.7 oz strung I could not consider it a true arm friendly racquet. If you where to use it I would at least want to add some lead tape.

#861 Reply

Ronald

Thanks for the helpful information.

Am thinking of getting a Prince EXO3 Team Tour 100 and would like to know what’s your take on this racquet. It’s a bit stiffer than the regular EXO3 tour (RDC 60 vs 52) but at 44, I would appreciate some free power.

Thanks

#860 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

You must be refering to the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Tour which I have listed at 60 Tennisexpress also has 60 while tennis-warehouse has 61 either way it quite flexible and arm friendly.

#859 Reply

mikey

I think you have the RDC Flex rating for the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 wrong. The link states 60, other sites 63

#858 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Babolat Pure Storm LTD is an excellent choice. It is a flexible frame, with a headlight balance and a nice weight. It meets all my criteria on this page which is why it is one of my recommended racquets. I would recommend one of the strings on this page http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-string/ if you want to stick with Babolat go with either the Babolat Xcel or the Babolat Addiction or even the Babolat VS Natural if you can afford natural gut. I would string it a few pounds below the middle of the recommended range and try to gradually string it looser as you get used to it.

#857 Reply

Stephanie

I am thinking about buying a Babo storm ltd gt for my tennis elbow and am trying to string it with elbow friendly strings. Which brand, tension or gauge strings do you recommend please? Thanks

#856 Reply

Rick Mades

I use the Dunlop Aerogel 200 and may eventually switch to the Dunlop Biomimetic 200. I had tennis elbow for about 13 years. A flexible racquet, heavier and softer strings are all very important. When I had serious elbow problems, I had to string my racquets very loose (45 lbs), but actually string them in the high 50’s now. If I wasn’t living in S. Florida, where it is warm, and back in the Northeast, I would be using a looser tension, as the cold weather can affect my arm.

#855 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

My top 10 list of arm-friendly racquets: Racquet RDC Flex Strung Weight Balance Yonex EZone Ai 98 (click for more info) 61 11.3 -4HL HEAD YT Graphene
    [See the full post at: Tennis Racquets]

Viewing 14 posts - 541 through 554 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: