Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 554 total)
  • Author

Emerson

Greeting from Brazil. Thank you for the precious info you sharing with us. I am using now a Head Radical Microgel Mp (98) with a Wilson Enduro pro string (t:56) oe sigmum pro (t:56). I am dont have have a classic TE but I have a chronic biceps pain. Do you think my racquet/string is causing that? You think worth it to go for one of your list? Babolat is known by causing arm issues. I have Babolat PST Ltd GT and Prince EXO3 tour 100 in mind. Any sugestion? Thank you and congratulations again.

#912 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Maybe you should try the PRINCE EXO3 Rebel 95, although it is a heavy racquet it is very maneuverable and has a very low swingweight of only 300. It is currently selling for $149

#911 Reply

JAT

What a fantastic service you are providing. Wonder if you can help me – I injured my elbow badly two years ago and want to get back into tennis. I have never been more than a low intermediate player, just play for fun. I am a 54 year old woman with good general fitness but not much strength. Could you recommend an arm friendly racquet that will be easy to handle and not ultra expensive please?

#910 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson BLX 98 Blade is pretty arm friendly but does not quite make my top 10 because it is slightly stiffer and lighter than the others. It is only slightly stiffer than the Wilson Prostaff Six.One(95) but considerably lighter and for a frame that light I would like to see a more flexible frame.

#909 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

It depends how large a head size you are looking for as you get larger the frames become less arm-friendly. The largest head size I am recommending is 100 square inches which the Prince EXO3 Tour (100) 16 x 18 has, also the HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP and the Volkl Organix 10 325G are 98 sq inches

#908 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Both the EX03 16×18 and the EX03 18×20 are very arm-friendly the difference is the with 16×18 the ball stays on the strings looker giving you more touch and spin and is also more powerful.
    The Dunlop Biomimetric 400 Tour is pretty average in terms of being arm-friendly as it is a bit stiffer then you would want.
    As far as string tension go as low as you can go without losing control which is lower with the lower power control racquets.

#907 Reply

thys

Is the Wilson BLX 98 Blade much stiffer than the Wilson Prostaff Six.One(95) and will it be bad for tennis elbow. If not what string tension would you suggest.

#906 Reply

Tammy

Hi,

Just came upon this website and love the comments. I play in a competitive 4.0 league and have been suffering from tennis elbow. I took time off, went to therapy and had to have a shot 8 months ago. It comes and goes and I think it is my racquet. I want to demo some that you mentioned but I have been playing with an oversize head. Is there any arm friendly oversized racquet? I did try a Volkl racquet that I liked but I can’t seem to get my hand on it from our pro and can’t remember which racquet it was., and it was an oversize head. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#905 Reply

Manos

Greetings from Greece. Thank you for all this useful info! Recently I have some issues with my elbow. Currently I play with a Wilson BLX Blade 98. As I understand it and having read this site, this racquet is considered as an arm friendly one. For a friendlier one I had a look to your top 10 and have a few questions:
    1) Is there a difference between the Prince EXO3 Tour 100 16×18 and the 18X20?
    2) What do you think about Dunlop Biomimetic 400 Tour?
    3) What should I know about string tension (regarding my elbow problem)?

Thanks in advance

#904 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Both the head microgel radical MP (11.0oz, 57 flex) and the microgel prestige MP (11.8oz, 63 flex)
    would be a huge improvement. I would have to say the flexibile frame is the most important factor for avoiding tennis elbow

#903 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The WILSON Tempest Four BLX definetly can cause problems for you because it is extremely lightweight. The WILSON Steam 99 Tennis Racquet would be a slight improvement but is a very stiff frame. You are right that all my recommended racquets are listed as having a fast swingspeed, however the speed that you are able to get is most influenced by a raquets swingweight so I would go through my recommended racquets and look for some of the ones with the lowest swingweights for instance I noticed that the PRINCE New EXO3 Rebel 95 has a 300 swingweight which is the same swingweight as the WILSON Tempest Four BLX

#902 Reply

Rosen

which is more important to avoid tennis elbow, a heavier racquet or a flexible racquet?

id like to choose between head microgel radical MP (11.0oz, 57 flex) and the microgel prestige MP (11.8oz, 63 flex)

my current racquet is the microgel extreme (11.2oz, 68 flex) which gave me tennis elbow after playing with it only twice.

previous racquet was prince TT scream (10.2oz, 72 flex), used this for years and never developed tennis elbow, now im using this again.

#901 Reply
    Profile photo of Tom Palmer
    Tom

I am 70 yrs old and just developed bad case of TE. I suspect it is in part due to the racquet I am using (Wilson BLX Tempest Four) which is almost on the opposite extreme of your recs. The only issue I see with changing equip is the swing speed. All of the recs suggest “fast” and I may be fast for my age but likely not so in the literal sense. Any thoughts?

I demoed the new Wilson 99 Steam (spin) which has some of the characteristics you recommend but not all. What are your feelings on this racquet?

#900 Reply

Sebastian

My question is about the new material, the Graphene, placed in middle of the new speed 300.
    Should i go with the new one with graphene or the speed ig from 2012?

#899 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Head youtek IG Radical MP racquet would be a huge improvement over the Babolat Pure Drive. You should also consider the HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP

• Author

Emerson

Greeting from Brazil. Thank you for the precious info you sharing with us. I am using now a Head Radical Microgel Mp (98) with a Wilson Enduro pro string (t:56) oe sigmum pro (t:56). I am dont have have a classic TE but I have a chronic biceps pain. Do you think my racquet/string is causing that? You think worth it to go for one of your list? Babolat is known by causing arm issues. I have Babolat PST Ltd GT and Prince EXO3 tour 100 in mind. Any sugestion? Thank you and congratulations again.

#912 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Maybe you should try the PRINCE EXO3 Rebel 95, although it is a heavy racquet it is very maneuverable and has a very low swingweight of only 300. It is currently selling for $149

#911 Reply

JAT

What a fantastic service you are providing. Wonder if you can help me – I injured my elbow badly two years ago and want to get back into tennis. I have never been more than a low intermediate player, just play for fun. I am a 54 year old woman with good general fitness but not much strength. Could you recommend an arm friendly racquet that will be easy to handle and not ultra expensive please?

#910 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson BLX 98 Blade is pretty arm friendly but does not quite make my top 10 because it is slightly stiffer and lighter than the others. It is only slightly stiffer than the Wilson Prostaff Six.One(95) but considerably lighter and for a frame that light I would like to see a more flexible frame.

#909 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

It depends how large a head size you are looking for as you get larger the frames become less arm-friendly. The largest head size I am recommending is 100 square inches which the Prince EXO3 Tour (100) 16 x 18 has, also the HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP and the Volkl Organix 10 325G are 98 sq inches

#908 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Both the EX03 16×18 and the EX03 18×20 are very arm-friendly the difference is the with 16×18 the ball stays on the strings looker giving you more touch and spin and is also more powerful.
    The Dunlop Biomimetric 400 Tour is pretty average in terms of being arm-friendly as it is a bit stiffer then you would want.
    As far as string tension go as low as you can go without losing control which is lower with the lower power control racquets.

#907 Reply

thys

Is the Wilson BLX 98 Blade much stiffer than the Wilson Prostaff Six.One(95) and will it be bad for tennis elbow. If not what string tension would you suggest.

#906 Reply

Tammy

Hi,

Just came upon this website and love the comments. I play in a competitive 4.0 league and have been suffering from tennis elbow. I took time off, went to therapy and had to have a shot 8 months ago. It comes and goes and I think it is my racquet. I want to demo some that you mentioned but I have been playing with an oversize head. Is there any arm friendly oversized racquet? I did try a Volkl racquet that I liked but I can’t seem to get my hand on it from our pro and can’t remember which racquet it was., and it was an oversize head. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#905 Reply

Manos

Greetings from Greece. Thank you for all this useful info! Recently I have some issues with my elbow. Currently I play with a Wilson BLX Blade 98. As I understand it and having read this site, this racquet is considered as an arm friendly one. For a friendlier one I had a look to your top 10 and have a few questions:
    1) Is there a difference between the Prince EXO3 Tour 100 16×18 and the 18X20?
    2) What do you think about Dunlop Biomimetic 400 Tour?
    3) What should I know about string tension (regarding my elbow problem)?

Thanks in advance

#904 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Both the head microgel radical MP (11.0oz, 57 flex) and the microgel prestige MP (11.8oz, 63 flex)
    would be a huge improvement. I would have to say the flexibile frame is the most important factor for avoiding tennis elbow

#903 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The WILSON Tempest Four BLX definetly can cause problems for you because it is extremely lightweight. The WILSON Steam 99 Tennis Racquet would be a slight improvement but is a very stiff frame. You are right that all my recommended racquets are listed as having a fast swingspeed, however the speed that you are able to get is most influenced by a raquets swingweight so I would go through my recommended racquets and look for some of the ones with the lowest swingweights for instance I noticed that the PRINCE New EXO3 Rebel 95 has a 300 swingweight which is the same swingweight as the WILSON Tempest Four BLX

#902 Reply

Rosen

which is more important to avoid tennis elbow, a heavier racquet or a flexible racquet?

id like to choose between head microgel radical MP (11.0oz, 57 flex) and the microgel prestige MP (11.8oz, 63 flex)

my current racquet is the microgel extreme (11.2oz, 68 flex) which gave me tennis elbow after playing with it only twice.

previous racquet was prince TT scream (10.2oz, 72 flex), used this for years and never developed tennis elbow, now im using this again.

#901 Reply
    Profile photo of Tom Palmer
    Tom

I am 70 yrs old and just developed bad case of TE. I suspect it is in part due to the racquet I am using (Wilson BLX Tempest Four) which is almost on the opposite extreme of your recs. The only issue I see with changing equip is the swing speed. All of the recs suggest “fast” and I may be fast for my age but likely not so in the literal sense. Any thoughts?

I demoed the new Wilson 99 Steam (spin) which has some of the characteristics you recommend but not all. What are your feelings on this racquet?

#900 Reply

Sebastian

My question is about the new material, the Graphene, placed in middle of the new speed 300.
    Should i go with the new one with graphene or the speed ig from 2012?

#899 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Head youtek IG Radical MP racquet would be a huge improvement over the Babolat Pure Drive. You should also consider the HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: