Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 554 total)
  • Author

Eric

Hi again Thomas,
    How do you explain such a difference of “evaluation” in the Prince Rebel (95) swingweight between Tennis Express (300) and Tennis Warehouse (331). 31 is a huge difference on a crucial aspect to decide to go with that model or not. There is also a difference in the balance: 10 Headlight for TE and 7 for TW. Thank you in helping figure that out.

#927 Reply

Luis

Thank you very much!

#926 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Other factors such as head light balance and flexible frame are important and all of the racquets in my top 10 have those characteristics. Swingweight can be important and some of my recommended racquets such as the Babolat Pure Storm and the Prince Rebel have low swingweights.

#925 Reply

Luis

Hi Thomas,
    I have problems with my shoulder, mostly because of my american twist service. This list of racquets are also good for my case? Or you think I should consider other aspects, such as a low swing wheight?
    Thank you!
    Greetings from Brazil

#924 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson PS 6.1 95 would be a big improvement over the Prince Warrior DB Team 100 mainly because the Prince Warrior DB Team 100 is much too lightweight to be considered a top arm-friendly racquet.

#923 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Dunlop Biomimetric 200 Lite is a very good choice, along with the DUNLOP Biomimetic Max 200G and the
    Dunlop Biomimetic 200 (95) (click for more info)

#922 Reply

Eric

Hi,
    What do you think about the Dunlop Biometric 200 Lite, that has a pretty low swingweight and good flexibility? I’ve read positive comments about it. I would have liked to try the Prince Exo Tour but this racket is not available in Canada (I see that it is the case in Mexico too), plus I heard that it is more difficult to string because of the port system. Thank you for your thought.

#921 Reply

Bruno

Hi, greetings from Paris
    I’ve just recovered from a tennis elbow which kept me out of a tennis court for 6 months. I used to play with a Prince Warrior DB Team 100. Do you think a Wilson PS 6.1 95 would feel more comfortable for my elbow ? By the way are you sure of the specs ? A pro tennis shop in Paris has measured its flexibility to 66 RA which makes a big difference with the 63 RA you announce. Thanks and congratulation for this website that brings hope back to thousands of tennis players.

#920 Reply

Luís

Hi Thomas,
    I’ve seen that the Babolat website says the stiffness of Pure Storm LTD is 67 ra. Do you know why the difference?
    Greetings from Brazil!

#918 Reply

Luís

Hi Thomas, I’ve seen in Babolat website (http://www.babolat.com/product/tennis/racket/pure-storm-limited-+) that the flexibility of Pure Storm LTD is 67 ra. Is it equivalent to 58 rdc? Thank you for the informations!

#919 Reply

Luís

Hi Thomas, I’ve seen in Babolat website (http://www.babolat.com/product/tennis/racket/pure-storm-limited-+) that the flexibility of Pure Storm LTD is 67 ra. Is it equivalent to 58 rdc? Thank you for the informations!

#917 Reply

George

Thanks Thomas for the great site. I have tried new racquets and new strings. I even purchased a sting machine to reduce my stringing costs and strung with different lbs. They all helped but was still feeling enough pain to the point I thought stop playing tennis. But the best thing happen to my tennis elbow problem was a pro lesson I had. My pro changed my grip. I used to hold my racquet very tight and now I hold my racquet very loose, barely holding it. This was a huge change. I don’t feel pain at all and still can swing hard. This reduce a lot the transmitted vibration to the elbow. I hope this message can help someone else.

#916 Reply

George

Thanks Thomas for the great site. I have tried new racquets and new strings. I even purchased a sting machine to reduce my stringing costs and strung with different lbs. They all helped but was still feeling enough pain to the point I thought stop playing tennis. But the best thing happen to my tennis elbow problem was a pro lesson I had. My pro changed my grip. I used to hold my racquet very tight and now I hold my racquet very loose, barely holding it. This was a huge change. I don’t feel pain at all and still can swing hard. This reduce a lot the transmitted vibration to the elbow. I hope this message can help someone else.

#915 Reply

Emerson

OK great! Thank you very much!! I will try to add a lead tape below the cushion grip. Anywhere under the grip is a good location, since Head Microgel MP is kind a HH? Thank you again!

#914 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Head Radical Microgel Mp (98) has a flexible frame and I would consider it an arm-friendly racquet although it is a bit on the light side – I would consider adding some lead tape. If you sqwitch to the Prince EXO3 that may help since that racquet is even more flexible, a bit heavier and has more of a head light balance.

• Author

Eric

Hi again Thomas,
    How do you explain such a difference of “evaluation” in the Prince Rebel (95) swingweight between Tennis Express (300) and Tennis Warehouse (331). 31 is a huge difference on a crucial aspect to decide to go with that model or not. There is also a difference in the balance: 10 Headlight for TE and 7 for TW. Thank you in helping figure that out.

#927 Reply

Luis

Thank you very much!

#926 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Other factors such as head light balance and flexible frame are important and all of the racquets in my top 10 have those characteristics. Swingweight can be important and some of my recommended racquets such as the Babolat Pure Storm and the Prince Rebel have low swingweights.

#925 Reply

Luis

Hi Thomas,
    I have problems with my shoulder, mostly because of my american twist service. This list of racquets are also good for my case? Or you think I should consider other aspects, such as a low swing wheight?
    Thank you!
    Greetings from Brazil

#924 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson PS 6.1 95 would be a big improvement over the Prince Warrior DB Team 100 mainly because the Prince Warrior DB Team 100 is much too lightweight to be considered a top arm-friendly racquet.

#923 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I agree that the Dunlop Biomimetric 200 Lite is a very good choice, along with the DUNLOP Biomimetic Max 200G and the
    Dunlop Biomimetic 200 (95) (click for more info)

#922 Reply

Eric

Hi,
    What do you think about the Dunlop Biometric 200 Lite, that has a pretty low swingweight and good flexibility? I’ve read positive comments about it. I would have liked to try the Prince Exo Tour but this racket is not available in Canada (I see that it is the case in Mexico too), plus I heard that it is more difficult to string because of the port system. Thank you for your thought.

#921 Reply

Bruno

Hi, greetings from Paris
    I’ve just recovered from a tennis elbow which kept me out of a tennis court for 6 months. I used to play with a Prince Warrior DB Team 100. Do you think a Wilson PS 6.1 95 would feel more comfortable for my elbow ? By the way are you sure of the specs ? A pro tennis shop in Paris has measured its flexibility to 66 RA which makes a big difference with the 63 RA you announce. Thanks and congratulation for this website that brings hope back to thousands of tennis players.

#920 Reply

Luís

Hi Thomas,
    I’ve seen that the Babolat website says the stiffness of Pure Storm LTD is 67 ra. Do you know why the difference?
    Greetings from Brazil!

#918 Reply

Luís

#919 Reply

Luís

#917 Reply

George

#916 Reply

George

#915 Reply

Emerson

OK great! Thank you very much!! I will try to add a lead tape below the cushion grip. Anywhere under the grip is a good location, since Head Microgel MP is kind a HH? Thank you again!

#914 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Head Radical Microgel Mp (98) has a flexible frame and I would consider it an arm-friendly racquet although it is a bit on the light side – I would consider adding some lead tape. If you sqwitch to the Prince EXO3 that may help since that racquet is even more flexible, a bit heavier and has more of a head light balance.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: