Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 554 total)
  • Author

ruben

What do you think of PACIFIC X FORCE? A good friend of mine can get me a great deal but you dont include it in your list so that makes me doubt.

Thanks a lot for your great website

#957 Reply

Ruben

Hi from Spain and thanks for your wonderful website

One quick question. I am struggling with tennis elbow and a good friend of mine offers me a great deal for 3 PACIFIC X FORCE that he says are great for elbow.

What do you think? Its not in your top 10 and that makes me doubt.

#956 Reply
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I glad that I was helpful, I am confident that combination of racquet and string will help. The only other suggestion is that if you are still having any problems try reducing your string tension

#955 Reply

Rick

Thanks Thomas–before getting your reply, I did a lot of research and bought a Prince EXO Tour (100) 18×20. I’ve read mixed reviews on whether the 16×18 or 18×20 is better for topspin, feel, etc. Very confusing to read mixed reviews between the two–but all reviews praise the feel. I went with Babolat VS natural gut strings, at 58lbs. I’m assuming that will be as good as it gets for my arm, and I’ll adjust to the racket as need be. Let me know if you have further suggestions on string/lbs with the 18×20 for a 4.0-4.5 topspin baseliner. I was worried I might have to quit tennis–but I’m hoping this set-up will save me.

#954 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Hard to say, they are both great racquets for your arm. You should try both , most people would find the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 easier to use and get used to.

#953 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I think you would benefit from a switch in racquets, if you stick with the Prince Ex03 line you could look at the Prince EX03 Tour 16 x 18, which is a lot more flexible, more weight and has excellent all around ratings.

#952 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson Steam 105S would be pretty bad for your arm due to mainly to its high stiffness and fairly lightweight. The best arm friendly racquet I know that is also great for spin is the Prince EXO3 Tour (100) 16 x 18

#951 Reply

Rick

Great website! I just started playing regularly again after many years. Bought a Wilson Steam 105S, use Black Widow strings, at 60 lbs of pressure. I hit amazing topspin with this set-up, and my kick-serve really kicks. Unfortunately, I’m developing golf and tennis elbow. Two questions — How bad is my current set-up? (In other words, using your rating system, how bad is this?) I’m hoping my set-up is really bad for TE, since, if so, switching my set-up could be a quick-fix (in addition to what my physical therapist tells me to do). Second question — what combination of racket/string/lbs would you recommend for a 4.0-4.5 baseliner who loves spin? I don’t want to lose the spin!

#950 Reply

Joe McCas

Hi, great website. I have been struggling with tennis elbow for months even after going to an orthopedist, wearing a brace and getting cortisone shots. I currently play with the Prince EXO3 Warrior 100 and I was wondering your thoughts on that racket. Do you think a switch to one of the rackets you have listed would provide much benefit? I am currently a solid 3.5/decent 4.0 player.

#949 Reply

leon

Hi Thomas, thanks for the prompt reply…you’re doing a great job. One more query bettween the dunlop biomimetic 200 and 200 tour(slightly heavier at 12.6oz strung wt) which one do you recommend… i know heavier rackets are better at absorbing the shock…so help me please …thanx.

#948 Reply

Tim

I am back to playing tennis at a frequency of 2 to 3x per week for the last 2 months after a 10+ yr hiatus. I’m in my 30s and 4.5 rated. I’m using the Extreme Pro 2.0 strung with Yonex poly tour pro 125 at 46 lbs. I do not have tennis elbow issues but I am feeling soreness in my triceps and biceps n back of my shoulders.

My question is whether it is racket related or normal aches from the lack of tennis? I don’t recall ever felling these soreness when i was in my teens. I am wondering whether I should change racket, possibly graphene speed pro or something else. How do I alleviate these soreness?

Thanks

#947 Reply

leon alexander

Is there a difference bettween dunlop biomimetic 200 and the 200 tour…the latter is slightly heavier at 12.6 oz strung wt…which one is more arm friendly ? THANX again an keep up the good work.

#946 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Dunlop Biomimetic 200 is on my top 10 list and it is a very arm friendly racquet definetly a lot more arm-friendly than the Dunlop Biomimetic 500

#945 Reply

Leon

HI…can you please advice which is more arm friendly dunlop biomimetic 200 or 500(not on you list)…thanx thomas.

#944 Reply

leon alexander

Hi,greetings from India…keep up the good work…..can you please advice about the feasibility of dunlop biomimetic 500 tour for me….i do ave tennis elbow problems…is the 500 tour arm friendly…thanx in advance..

• Author

ruben

What do you think of PACIFIC X FORCE? A good friend of mine can get me a great deal but you dont include it in your list so that makes me doubt.

Thanks a lot for your great website

#957 Reply

Ruben

Hi from Spain and thanks for your wonderful website

One quick question. I am struggling with tennis elbow and a good friend of mine offers me a great deal for 3 PACIFIC X FORCE that he says are great for elbow.

What do you think? Its not in your top 10 and that makes me doubt.

#956 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I glad that I was helpful, I am confident that combination of racquet and string will help. The only other suggestion is that if you are still having any problems try reducing your string tension

#955 Reply

Rick

Thanks Thomas–before getting your reply, I did a lot of research and bought a Prince EXO Tour (100) 18×20. I’ve read mixed reviews on whether the 16×18 or 18×20 is better for topspin, feel, etc. Very confusing to read mixed reviews between the two–but all reviews praise the feel. I went with Babolat VS natural gut strings, at 58lbs. I’m assuming that will be as good as it gets for my arm, and I’ll adjust to the racket as need be. Let me know if you have further suggestions on string/lbs with the 18×20 for a 4.0-4.5 topspin baseliner. I was worried I might have to quit tennis–but I’m hoping this set-up will save me.

#954 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Hard to say, they are both great racquets for your arm. You should try both , most people would find the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 easier to use and get used to.

#953 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I think you would benefit from a switch in racquets, if you stick with the Prince Ex03 line you could look at the Prince EX03 Tour 16 x 18, which is a lot more flexible, more weight and has excellent all around ratings.

#952 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson Steam 105S would be pretty bad for your arm due to mainly to its high stiffness and fairly lightweight. The best arm friendly racquet I know that is also great for spin is the Prince EXO3 Tour (100) 16 x 18

#951 Reply

Rick

Great website! I just started playing regularly again after many years. Bought a Wilson Steam 105S, use Black Widow strings, at 60 lbs of pressure. I hit amazing topspin with this set-up, and my kick-serve really kicks. Unfortunately, I’m developing golf and tennis elbow. Two questions — How bad is my current set-up? (In other words, using your rating system, how bad is this?) I’m hoping my set-up is really bad for TE, since, if so, switching my set-up could be a quick-fix (in addition to what my physical therapist tells me to do). Second question — what combination of racket/string/lbs would you recommend for a 4.0-4.5 baseliner who loves spin? I don’t want to lose the spin!

#950 Reply

Joe McCas

Hi, great website. I have been struggling with tennis elbow for months even after going to an orthopedist, wearing a brace and getting cortisone shots. I currently play with the Prince EXO3 Warrior 100 and I was wondering your thoughts on that racket. Do you think a switch to one of the rackets you have listed would provide much benefit? I am currently a solid 3.5/decent 4.0 player.

#949 Reply

leon

Hi Thomas, thanks for the prompt reply…you’re doing a great job. One more query bettween the dunlop biomimetic 200 and 200 tour(slightly heavier at 12.6oz strung wt) which one do you recommend… i know heavier rackets are better at absorbing the shock…so help me please …thanx.

#948 Reply

Tim

I am back to playing tennis at a frequency of 2 to 3x per week for the last 2 months after a 10+ yr hiatus. I’m in my 30s and 4.5 rated. I’m using the Extreme Pro 2.0 strung with Yonex poly tour pro 125 at 46 lbs. I do not have tennis elbow issues but I am feeling soreness in my triceps and biceps n back of my shoulders.

My question is whether it is racket related or normal aches from the lack of tennis? I don’t recall ever felling these soreness when i was in my teens. I am wondering whether I should change racket, possibly graphene speed pro or something else. How do I alleviate these soreness?

Thanks

#947 Reply

leon alexander

Is there a difference bettween dunlop biomimetic 200 and the 200 tour…the latter is slightly heavier at 12.6 oz strung wt…which one is more arm friendly ? THANX again an keep up the good work.

#946 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Dunlop Biomimetic 200 is on my top 10 list and it is a very arm friendly racquet definetly a lot more arm-friendly than the Dunlop Biomimetic 500

#945 Reply

Leon

HI…can you please advice which is more arm friendly dunlop biomimetic 200 or 500(not on you list)…thanx thomas.

#944 Reply

leon alexander

Hi,greetings from India…keep up the good work…..can you please advice about the feasibility of dunlop biomimetic 500 tour for me….i do ave tennis elbow problems…is the 500 tour arm friendly…thanx in advance..

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: