Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 554 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Tour Graphite Classic Original is arm friendly the other prince graphite originals are pretty average.

#972 Reply

Dee

Hi — thank you for great suggestions. Would you recommend Wison BLX 5 for tennis elbow?

#971 Reply

Tim

do you think the prince graphite original would be an arm friendly choice? thank you

#970 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Rebel has a low swingweight which makes it feel lighter than its actual weight. If you used the Prince EX03 tour it had a 16 x 18 string pattern which is great for spin. I never heard of any problems with cracking with these racquets.

#969 Reply

Andy

I have a Babolat psgt. Dont use anymore. Good racket but small sweet spot and if hit outside of it hard on arm. My Prince ex03 tour 100 never hard on arm even with miss hits let alone just missing the sweet spot. Had a go with prince rebel 95 on Tuesday. It was strung with prince Duraflex and I prefer it to the tour 100. It feels alot lighter than its weight and its the the first 18×20 racket I have ever used.
    I am now looking at the Rebel or the Pure storm ltd 95. Also new rackets from Prince and babolat coming out soon. Have been told that rebel 95 cracks at throat, have you heard of this.

#968 Reply

Andy

I purchased Ex03 Tour 100 16×18 because I got tennis elbow. Caused by using my Babolat Psgt ( small sweet spot ) with full bed of Luxilon Savage . Tour 100 is heavy, head light but has low swingweight. I string myself and have tried different strings and tension. At the momement got Babolat vs team 17g in mains ( 60lbs ) and Yonex Poly Tour Spin in crosses at 58 lbs. Very good strings hardly move.
    Also have the team 100 which I have strung full bed of the Yonex at 50lbs. Can feel the the decrease of weight in Team 100 but prefer Tour. I now want to get the 18×20 Tour which has same flex rating as Tour 16×18. The Tour 100 is really worth a demo but it will feel different so give it time.

#967 Reply

Ebyrd

Great info on here !! I used to play with the Prince 03 speed port red and never had any tennis elbow or golfers elbow pain. I recently switched to the babolat pure drive lite. Now I have been having golfer’s elbow. I didn’t want it to be the racket switch but looks like it is ? Your thoughts appreciated.

#966 Reply

Will

I’m am 13 and wondering if the prestige mp is a good choice for me I will be using Wilson sensation crosses and big banger mains what would u recommend

#965 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Sounds good If you still have problems try one from the top 10 list with a even lower flex

#964 Reply

W. A. Love

I’ve been playing off and on since the 40’s.(I’m 79 and not in a wheel chair)I’m just coming back after a 12 year lay off. 35 years ago I had cortisone injections(worked for about 6 weeks) and surgery.(didn’t work at all)Finally worked out a program with weights that cured the elbow. Now I’m trying to come back and the exercises aren’t working. I’m using the Prince Thunderstik 90 that I was using when I quit.I love the racket but it’s to stiff.I’ve reached an age where I need a soft stick with pop.What do you think of the Head Youtek IG Radical Pro which has a stiffness of 62, a 98″ head and weighs 11.4 oz.It’s power figures are good. I would probably add 3/8 oz’s of lead in the handle. I’m using a good multi at 50. What do you think?

#963 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Good racquet. There are a number of Pacific Xforce. I would favor the PACIFIC X Feel Pro 95 the others might not be so arm-friendly

#962 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I would not change my list for an intermediate. These are the most arm friendly racquets for any player and I would think an intermediate player would want to avoid tennis elbow as much as any advanced player. Breaking down racquets into intermediate categories mostly a marketing ploy

#961 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

On the previous post you mention, the women was looking for an arm friendly racquet that is easy to handle so I mentioned the Prince Rebel because of its low swing weight, but I like the feel of the Prince EX03 16×18 because I like the feel and spin it generates so I can’t say which is better for you only that either one would be a great choice

#960 Reply

Tina

I am getting back to playing tennis after elbow surgery 2 1/2 years ago (am age 47, female, and play at 3.0 level). I read that your favorite racquet is the Prince EXO3 100 16×18 and also read a reply you wrote to a woman with a similar situation as me and you recommended the Prince EXO3 Rebel 95. Which would be a better racquet and string for me?

#959 Reply

Vitaly

Greetings from Latvia! I came across your site after experiencing severe pain in shoulder/elbow area especially when serving. The pain completely goes away after about 30 minutes rest. I suspect it is what is called tennis elbow problem. I play with Babolat Pure Drive after nearly 25 years break. Now I look for an arm friendly racket and notice that all rackets you mention here are for an advanced player which I am not. So if you add another variable like suitability for an intermediate player, how would you rank those 10 rackets or probably add some others to the list? Than you very much!

• Author
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Tour Graphite Classic Original is arm friendly the other prince graphite originals are pretty average.

#972 Reply

Dee

Hi — thank you for great suggestions. Would you recommend Wison BLX 5 for tennis elbow?

#971 Reply

Tim

do you think the prince graphite original would be an arm friendly choice? thank you

#970 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Rebel has a low swingweight which makes it feel lighter than its actual weight. If you used the Prince EX03 tour it had a 16 x 18 string pattern which is great for spin. I never heard of any problems with cracking with these racquets.

#969 Reply

Andy

I have a Babolat psgt. Dont use anymore. Good racket but small sweet spot and if hit outside of it hard on arm. My Prince ex03 tour 100 never hard on arm even with miss hits let alone just missing the sweet spot. Had a go with prince rebel 95 on Tuesday. It was strung with prince Duraflex and I prefer it to the tour 100. It feels alot lighter than its weight and its the the first 18×20 racket I have ever used.
    I am now looking at the Rebel or the Pure storm ltd 95. Also new rackets from Prince and babolat coming out soon. Have been told that rebel 95 cracks at throat, have you heard of this.

#968 Reply

Andy

I purchased Ex03 Tour 100 16×18 because I got tennis elbow. Caused by using my Babolat Psgt ( small sweet spot ) with full bed of Luxilon Savage . Tour 100 is heavy, head light but has low swingweight. I string myself and have tried different strings and tension. At the momement got Babolat vs team 17g in mains ( 60lbs ) and Yonex Poly Tour Spin in crosses at 58 lbs. Very good strings hardly move.
    Also have the team 100 which I have strung full bed of the Yonex at 50lbs. Can feel the the decrease of weight in Team 100 but prefer Tour. I now want to get the 18×20 Tour which has same flex rating as Tour 16×18. The Tour 100 is really worth a demo but it will feel different so give it time.

#967 Reply

Ebyrd

Great info on here !! I used to play with the Prince 03 speed port red and never had any tennis elbow or golfers elbow pain. I recently switched to the babolat pure drive lite. Now I have been having golfer’s elbow. I didn’t want it to be the racket switch but looks like it is ? Your thoughts appreciated.

#966 Reply

Will

I’m am 13 and wondering if the prestige mp is a good choice for me I will be using Wilson sensation crosses and big banger mains what would u recommend

#965 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Sounds good If you still have problems try one from the top 10 list with a even lower flex

#964 Reply

W. A. Love

I’ve been playing off and on since the 40’s.(I’m 79 and not in a wheel chair)I’m just coming back after a 12 year lay off. 35 years ago I had cortisone injections(worked for about 6 weeks) and surgery.(didn’t work at all)Finally worked out a program with weights that cured the elbow. Now I’m trying to come back and the exercises aren’t working. I’m using the Prince Thunderstik 90 that I was using when I quit.I love the racket but it’s to stiff.I’ve reached an age where I need a soft stick with pop.What do you think of the Head Youtek IG Radical Pro which has a stiffness of 62, a 98″ head and weighs 11.4 oz.It’s power figures are good. I would probably add 3/8 oz’s of lead in the handle. I’m using a good multi at 50. What do you think?

#963 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Good racquet. There are a number of Pacific Xforce. I would favor the PACIFIC X Feel Pro 95 the others might not be so arm-friendly

#962 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

I would not change my list for an intermediate. These are the most arm friendly racquets for any player and I would think an intermediate player would want to avoid tennis elbow as much as any advanced player. Breaking down racquets into intermediate categories mostly a marketing ploy

#961 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

On the previous post you mention, the women was looking for an arm friendly racquet that is easy to handle so I mentioned the Prince Rebel because of its low swing weight, but I like the feel of the Prince EX03 16×18 because I like the feel and spin it generates so I can’t say which is better for you only that either one would be a great choice

#960 Reply

Tina

I am getting back to playing tennis after elbow surgery 2 1/2 years ago (am age 47, female, and play at 3.0 level). I read that your favorite racquet is the Prince EXO3 100 16×18 and also read a reply you wrote to a woman with a similar situation as me and you recommended the Prince EXO3 Rebel 95. Which would be a better racquet and string for me?

#959 Reply

Vitaly

Greetings from Latvia! I came across your site after experiencing severe pain in shoulder/elbow area especially when serving. The pain completely goes away after about 30 minutes rest. I suspect it is what is called tennis elbow problem. I play with Babolat Pure Drive after nearly 25 years break. Now I look for an arm friendly racket and notice that all rackets you mention here are for an advanced player which I am not. So if you add another variable like suitability for an intermediate player, how would you rank those 10 rackets or probably add some others to the list? Than you very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: