Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 554 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    The Prince Textreme Tour 100 and the Wilson Blade 2015 18×20 are both great tennis racquets. Both very arm friendly with built in anti vibration technology. Both have very arm friendly specs, but if I was to choose based on only which is easier on the elbow I would go with the Prince Textreme Tour 100 only because it is a bit more flexible and more head light

#59878 Reply

Lucian T.

Thomas,
    Thank you for your answer, very useful information, as usual. I decided to buy one racquet between Prince TEXTREME Tour 100P or Wilson Blade 98 18×20(Monfils). I do not have the opportunity to demo them. Which one is easier on the arm and elbow, the most important thing for me? I would like to know your opinion. Thanks and regards. Lucian T.

#59853 Reply

Pierre

Hello,
    I have played during >20 years with the Wilson 6.1 and Wilson 95 series and now I guess because of age tennis elbow has become an important issue. I already changed my strings to be more arm friendly however this is not enough. I play 4-5 times a week and the issue is now recurrent. Time for me to use another, more arm friendly, racket than the Wilson 95. I would appreciate any advice you may have in that context. Some say that the Wilson 97S may be a good choice.
    Many thanks,
    Pierre

#59998 Reply

danny

As a Teaching Pro as well as a racquet technician, my level of experience being 30 years, I can attest that the Head Ti Radical OS (Oversize-107 sq in); Andre Agassi racquet cured more arm & shoulder related injuries than I can ever count.

Strung at the low end of Mfg Rec, 55lbs with “soft” poly/co-poly or multifilament string (Head Rip control was engineered for this racquet) also very important.

danny

#59983 Reply

Carlos Contreras

Hi, I’m using a Pure Drive (2012) and thinking about the Prince Textreme Warrior 100 (http://www.tennisexpress.com/prince-textreme-warrior-100-tennis-racquet-49128). Can you tell me something about it?

#59814 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien the Prince the more open the string pattern the more the strings will move in general, but the open string pattern helps the racquet play more flexible and also makes it easier to generate spin.

#59813 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien the Prince the more open the string pattern the more the strings will move in general, but the open string pattern helps the racquet play more flexible and also makes it easier to generate spin.

#59505 Reply

Lucian T.

Hello Thomas,
    I have a big issue, please help.
    I am currently playing with a Prince Tour 100 (16×18), strung usually with Wilson NXT at 26. I like a lot how the racquet is playing and is really soft on my arm. The only issue is that due to the open pattern of the racquet, the strings are moving towards all sides and I always have to re-arrange them every time after couple of points. What type of string do you suggest me to use? I am sceptical about stringing with polys. What do you say?
    Second, do you think with Prince Tour 100p will I have the same issues?
    Thank you for your help and advice.
    Lucian

#59492 Reply

Fabiao

(Awaiting moderation)

#59477 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Fabio,
    The Prince Tour Pro 100 seems to be the older version of the PRINCE Tour 100 16X18 the specs are almost identical. I removed the word Pro from the one listed on my top 10 list to help avoid confusion.

#59476 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Fabio,
    The Prince Tour Pro 100 seems to be the older version of the PRINCE Tour 100 16X18 the specs are almost identical. I removed the word Pro from the one listed on my top 10 list to help avoid confusion.

#59462 Reply

Fabiao

Thomas simple question is the Prince Tour 100 Pro under your list? There are some general missleading notes on the forum, the name of the racket is on the list but the link take us to a Prince Tour 16×20 or something. Did you experience the 100 Pro ever? Cheers.

#59463 Reply

Fabiao

(Awaiting moderation)

#59460 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Chris,
    Out of the racquets you mentioned I really like the Wilson Ultra 97, the Wilson Blade 98 and the Yonex Dr 98.
    Tom

#59348 Reply

Chris Campbell

Thomas
    I am nearing the end of a particularly nasty bout of TE. 49 years old and never had TE, despite lengthy junior career and playing in college. I developed TE when I came back too fast. I am currently playing with a BLX Blade 98 strung at 48# with Gamma LiveWire XP. I can play, but with a brace, after a dormant three month hiatus to heal. I am currently demoing racquets. Specifically, I would like your opinion on the following as to their arm friendliness;
    DR98 and 100, Blade98 18×20, TT95, Volkl SG10 320,, Wilson Ultra 97, and Volkl SG8 315.
    Thanks,
    Chris

• Author
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Lucien,
    The Prince Textreme Tour 100 and the Wilson Blade 2015 18×20 are both great tennis racquets. Both very arm friendly with built in anti vibration technology. Both have very arm friendly specs, but if I was to choose based on only which is easier on the elbow I would go with the Prince Textreme Tour 100 only because it is a bit more flexible and more head light

#59878 Reply

Lucian T.

Thomas,
    Thank you for your answer, very useful information, as usual. I decided to buy one racquet between Prince TEXTREME Tour 100P or Wilson Blade 98 18×20(Monfils). I do not have the opportunity to demo them. Which one is easier on the arm and elbow, the most important thing for me? I would like to know your opinion. Thanks and regards. Lucian T.

#59853 Reply

Pierre

Hello,
    I have played during >20 years with the Wilson 6.1 and Wilson 95 series and now I guess because of age tennis elbow has become an important issue. I already changed my strings to be more arm friendly however this is not enough. I play 4-5 times a week and the issue is now recurrent. Time for me to use another, more arm friendly, racket than the Wilson 95. I would appreciate any advice you may have in that context. Some say that the Wilson 97S may be a good choice.
    Many thanks,
    Pierre

#59998 Reply

danny

As a Teaching Pro as well as a racquet technician, my level of experience being 30 years, I can attest that the Head Ti Radical OS (Oversize-107 sq in); Andre Agassi racquet cured more arm & shoulder related injuries than I can ever count.

Strung at the low end of Mfg Rec, 55lbs with “soft” poly/co-poly or multifilament string (Head Rip control was engineered for this racquet) also very important.

danny

#59983 Reply

Carlos Contreras

Hi, I’m using a Pure Drive (2012) and thinking about the Prince Textreme Warrior 100 (http://www.tennisexpress.com/prince-textreme-warrior-100-tennis-racquet-49128). Can you tell me something about it?

#59814 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

#59813 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

#59505 Reply

Lucian T.

Hello Thomas,
    I have a big issue, please help.
    I am currently playing with a Prince Tour 100 (16×18), strung usually with Wilson NXT at 26. I like a lot how the racquet is playing and is really soft on my arm. The only issue is that due to the open pattern of the racquet, the strings are moving towards all sides and I always have to re-arrange them every time after couple of points. What type of string do you suggest me to use? I am sceptical about stringing with polys. What do you say?
    Second, do you think with Prince Tour 100p will I have the same issues?
    Thank you for your help and advice.
    Lucian

#59492 Reply

Fabiao

(Awaiting moderation)

#59477 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Fabio,

#59476 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Fabio,

#59462 Reply

Fabiao

Thomas simple question is the Prince Tour 100 Pro under your list? There are some general missleading notes on the forum, the name of the racket is on the list but the link take us to a Prince Tour 16×20 or something. Did you experience the 100 Pro ever? Cheers.

#59463 Reply

Fabiao

(Awaiting moderation)

#59460 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Chris,
    Out of the racquets you mentioned I really like the Wilson Ultra 97, the Wilson Blade 98 and the Yonex Dr 98.
    Tom

#59348 Reply

Chris Campbell

Thomas
    I am nearing the end of a particularly nasty bout of TE. 49 years old and never had TE, despite lengthy junior career and playing in college. I developed TE when I came back too fast. I am currently playing with a BLX Blade 98 strung at 48# with Gamma LiveWire XP. I can play, but with a brace, after a dormant three month hiatus to heal. I am currently demoing racquets. Specifically, I would like your opinion on the following as to their arm friendliness;
    DR98 and 100, Blade98 18×20, TT95, Volkl SG10 320,, Wilson Ultra 97, and Volkl SG8 315.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: