Home Forums Tennis Racquets Forum Tennis Racquets

This topic contains 550 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Tennis Thomas Tennis 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 554 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomas Tennis
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson Hammer Racquets are really bad for your arm in large part because of their head heavy balance, you need to switch to a racquet with a head light balance even if it is heavier than your racquet it you will be able to swing it easier and quicker.

#987 Reply

Laurie

Hi I have been very stubborn about changing racquets and have been using Wilson 6.4 Hammer 95 racquets for years. I am a female, 4.0 player, with lots of top spin. I have been battling tennis elbow now for over a year and now believe it is the racquets. I was wondering if your listed weights for arm friendly racquets were geared more for male players, or does this not matter? I am looking for a comparable feel to my trusty old racquets but need something elbow friendly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#986 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Volkl Organix V1 MidPlus is a lot better for your arm than any 8 oz racquet. You can try it and if you get any arm problems try looking at one of our top 10’s http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets

#985 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Your club pro is clearly not knowledgeable on this subject. I do not see why lower level players should be using less arm friendly racquets especially when lower level players tend to be most vulnerable to tennis elbow.

#984 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Pro Kennex 5g racquet has good power for a arm friendly racquet, for more power you need to look into changing string and lowering string tension, Also you might want to look into a new racquet as its possible that your racquet lost some power over time. You might want to try the Pro Kennex Kinetic KI5 315

#983 Reply

Abi

Hi I have just bought a EX03 Tour 100 16 x 18 racquet due to my persistent TE; however I am fairly new to the game and my club coach says that this racquet is for the advanced player and that club pro’s wouldn’t even use such a high spec racquet. I am a little confused as to this response!! On the subject of stringing, what would you recommend in terms of the string type and tension in order to achieve both maximum comfort and power?

#982 Reply

Steve

I am currently playing with some Pro Kennex 5g rackets (years ago they were listed as a great racket for sufferers of TE), and my tennis elbow disappeared with these rackets. They don’t possess a lot of power… What would you recommend as step up from the pro kennex 5g in the power department, but still maintain some flexibility to prevent TE????

#981 Reply

Michele

Thank you for a great site. I haven’t been playing long, only about 8 months, but I’ve been looking at purchasing a new racquet. I’ve demoed a couple – Volkl Organix V1 MidPlus and a Head (forgot the name but it was under 8 oz). I loved the way the Volkl hit and found that I had to concentrate on my strokes instead of just being slap-happy with the very lightweight Head. Originally I thought the Volkl was too heavy for me but in reading your site, it may be the lighter racquets are causing the tennis elbow issues. What are your thoughts on the V1 MidPlus and do you have a string recommendation to help ease the pain? I have pretty decent power but would love more spin.

#980 Reply

Craig

Hi great site
    what do you think about the Wilson pro staff 6.0 85sq in?
    thank you

#979 Reply

Rod P.

What about ProKennex raquets? They claim to be arm frendly and even cure TE. Hello form Cananda!!!

#978 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Yes the Wilson Six.One Team BLX would be decent for te due to its flexible frame but it is a bit on the light side to be a top arm-friendly racquet. The Wilson Pro Staff 95 BLX would be a little better as it is slightly more flexible and heavier.

#977 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Exo 3 rebel team would be a good choice since it is so flexible, but it is a bit on the light side to be a top arm friendly racquet, heavier racquets are better for your arm. But if you feel comfortable with the Prince Exo 3 rebel and you have not had arm trouble with it then it could be the right choice for you.

#976 Reply

Aleš

Hi, great site. This are all very heavy racquets you suggest. I have Babolat pure drive, huge problems with my elbow. I think I also need a lighter racquet, what do you recommend in 280g – 290g region. Maybe Prince Exo 3 rebel team with 280g? Thank you in advance.

#975 Reply

Tan

Hi is the Wilson Six.One Team BLX decent for the TE? Wd it be OK in comparision with the WIlson ProStaff you have listed? many thanks for a wonderful website and resource.

Thaks

#974 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

If you mean the Wilson Prostaff Six.One BLX (95) then yes that is one of my top 10.

• Author
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Wilson Hammer Racquets are really bad for your arm in large part because of their head heavy balance, you need to switch to a racquet with a head light balance even if it is heavier than your racquet it you will be able to swing it easier and quicker.

#987 Reply

Laurie

Hi I have been very stubborn about changing racquets and have been using Wilson 6.4 Hammer 95 racquets for years. I am a female, 4.0 player, with lots of top spin. I have been battling tennis elbow now for over a year and now believe it is the racquets. I was wondering if your listed weights for arm friendly racquets were geared more for male players, or does this not matter? I am looking for a comparable feel to my trusty old racquets but need something elbow friendly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#986 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Volkl Organix V1 MidPlus is a lot better for your arm than any 8 oz racquet. You can try it and if you get any arm problems try looking at one of our top 10’s http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets

#985 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Your club pro is clearly not knowledgeable on this subject. I do not see why lower level players should be using less arm friendly racquets especially when lower level players tend to be most vulnerable to tennis elbow.

#984 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Pro Kennex 5g racquet has good power for a arm friendly racquet, for more power you need to look into changing string and lowering string tension, Also you might want to look into a new racquet as its possible that your racquet lost some power over time. You might want to try the Pro Kennex Kinetic KI5 315

#983 Reply

Abi

Hi I have just bought a EX03 Tour 100 16 x 18 racquet due to my persistent TE; however I am fairly new to the game and my club coach says that this racquet is for the advanced player and that club pro’s wouldn’t even use such a high spec racquet. I am a little confused as to this response!! On the subject of stringing, what would you recommend in terms of the string type and tension in order to achieve both maximum comfort and power?

#982 Reply

Steve

I am currently playing with some Pro Kennex 5g rackets (years ago they were listed as a great racket for sufferers of TE), and my tennis elbow disappeared with these rackets. They don’t possess a lot of power… What would you recommend as step up from the pro kennex 5g in the power department, but still maintain some flexibility to prevent TE????

#981 Reply

Michele

Thank you for a great site. I haven’t been playing long, only about 8 months, but I’ve been looking at purchasing a new racquet. I’ve demoed a couple – Volkl Organix V1 MidPlus and a Head (forgot the name but it was under 8 oz). I loved the way the Volkl hit and found that I had to concentrate on my strokes instead of just being slap-happy with the very lightweight Head. Originally I thought the Volkl was too heavy for me but in reading your site, it may be the lighter racquets are causing the tennis elbow issues. What are your thoughts on the V1 MidPlus and do you have a string recommendation to help ease the pain? I have pretty decent power but would love more spin.

#980 Reply

Craig

Hi great site
    what do you think about the Wilson pro staff 6.0 85sq in?
    thank you

#979 Reply

Rod P.

What about ProKennex raquets? They claim to be arm frendly and even cure TE. Hello form Cananda!!!

#978 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

Yes the Wilson Six.One Team BLX would be decent for te due to its flexible frame but it is a bit on the light side to be a top arm-friendly racquet. The Wilson Pro Staff 95 BLX would be a little better as it is slightly more flexible and heavier.

#977 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

The Prince Exo 3 rebel team would be a good choice since it is so flexible, but it is a bit on the light side to be a top arm friendly racquet, heavier racquets are better for your arm. But if you feel comfortable with the Prince Exo 3 rebel and you have not had arm trouble with it then it could be the right choice for you.

#976 Reply

Aleš

Hi, great site. This are all very heavy racquets you suggest. I have Babolat pure drive, huge problems with my elbow. I think I also need a lighter racquet, what do you recommend in 280g – 290g region. Maybe Prince Exo 3 rebel team with 280g? Thank you in advance.

#975 Reply

Tan

Hi is the Wilson Six.One Team BLX decent for the TE? Wd it be OK in comparision with the WIlson ProStaff you have listed? many thanks for a wonderful website and resource.

Thaks

#974 Reply
    Thomas Tennis
    Keymaster

If you mean the Wilson Prostaff Six.One BLX (95) then yes that is one of my top 10.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 554 total)
Reply To: Tennis Racquets
Your information: